ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-03-2007, 09:37 PM   #1
Tibbits
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i

How to fill holes left by plate bracket?

I have an 03 grey metallic that has a front plate mount I prefer not to have (not required in my state).
Any suggestions as to how best to fill/touch up the small holes in the bumper left by the bracket?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 10:51 PM   #2
zednik
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0i

Hi Tibbits,

Welcome to the forum. I, too have a couple of holes in the bumper that I don't use for a license plate.

The best solution is to have a quality body shop fill the holes and repaint the entire bumper but this may be a little expensive. An alternative is to fit a set of plugs that are painted to match your bumper. The plugs won't look perfect but they might be better than holes. Check out BumperPlugs.com.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 11:05 PM   #3
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

2 options.

1. Like zednik mentioned you can have a body shop fill them. All they need to do is fill it/fiberglass it...smooth it out and repaint it/clear coat it.

Or

2. Buy a new bumper and get it painted.

Either way that sux. I got mine in Germany and I made it perfecty clear that I wasn't going to stay there long and they were not to drill any F'ING holes in my car. And they didn't, and for the 3 weeks the car was on the road there...the front license plate rode in the windshield...but now the car doesn't need it and is happy for it.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2007, 02:41 AM   #4
BimmerZealot
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 xDrive30i

On mine, I took the 4 screws that hold the bumper bracket on cut them down about 2cm and put them back into the bumper. They blend in fine for now until I think of a better solution, good thing my car is bsm
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2007, 06:07 AM   #5
Tibbits
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i

Thanks for all the options! The bumper plugs seem to fit my need at this point. I'll have to see if the hole sizes meet the mimimum when I get the car back from the shop.

Previous owner scraped the front dam, so a new bumber may be in the future, but I have a list of other goodies I want to work through first. The only good thing about the scrape is that you have a real example to show the wife while explaining how to drive (or not to drive).

With low humidity in July (very rare in North Carolina) and the Zed in the shop, all I can do is browse the boards to quench the urge.

I appreciate all the suggestions - problem solved.
Appreciate 0