BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental)

BPM

06-06-2012, 02:24 AM   #1
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Updating Euro Nav Map questions...

Ok, so I ordered the car here in Europe and after some time with it, I realized that the nav that is given "complimentary" so that it will work in Europe is a "Test Maps 2008" version. Basically, its a Navlite. I appreciate the fact that they gave me maps and the ability to use the nav in Germany, but I will be here for quite a few more years and would like maps that are less than 4-5 years old...

So I asked about getting a newer version as I bought a 2011 M3 not a 2008 and I was told that they pay for xxx number of keys and then they have to continue to use those maps until they are given new ones or something else out of their hands. In other words, no updates for me.

The only option available is to buy the full Euro maps for 200 Euros and do a full install. No problem, can do. But, we are looking at getting another BMW here soon for the wife. It will be in the same navigation map situation.

SO my question is once I buy the map update for one car, is it then vin locked or something else, like single use key, to one car or can I use it to update both cars? And, if it is vin locked, does anyone know where I can get the maps for less than 200EU each??? (PM is good)

Appreciate any input as there isn't much info here on us guys in the Euro w/American spec car situation...
      06-07-2012, 04:07 AM   #2
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

you will have to buy it with the new car as well. its not that its vin locked. its uploaded at the dealer so no way of transferring it to the other car if thats what you are asking. we had luck in getting it for cheaper at a different dealership in our neck of the woods. maybe you can negotiate a better price for 2 vehicles. maybe we should all get together and get a group buy going.
      06-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I just talked to one of my co-workers that bought a 2011 X5. He got the full map update as he plans on being here for 5 more years. He said that they did the update at the dealership and when he asked for the disks, they told him that they would hold on to them for him... That he wouldnt be needing them for anything else. He said he didnt push it.
      11-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quick update:
Got the codes from one of the guys online whom also sent me the disks (for free!) Now the car has the most current 2012 nav disks and it is the full version. Not bad for 50euro per code.
      11-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

I just updated my NAV to the 2012 Premium myself. My buddy had the system on disc and it took about two hours, I just left the car running! This guy! Carlos from BCS hooked me up with coding "almost anything" and the code for my navigation. If you contact him, let him know Ian referred you.

http://www.facebook.com/bmw.coding.service
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
K.M. Tim
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
2011 M3  [2.00]
2012 BMW F30 w/ M S ...  [0.00]
Carlos hooked me up also.

///MFlight