BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies

Mporium BMW

06-04-2012, 06:56 AM   #1
SAINT VAN ROCK
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012, E92 DCT M3

Garage List
Colorado Springs Bound

Greeting fellow ///M enthusiasts! I am due to relocate here shortly at the end of June to the Colorado Springs area. Looking to network with fellow ///M owners in the area for future meets and happenings. Currently I have a 2012, Space Grey Coupe' on order which I hope to take delivery in July (disregard the sig block, I am leaning forward a bit). First order of business upon receipt of my M3 is powder coat applications to the rims and calipers…any suggestions in C-Springs/Denver area for powder coating?

Regards,
Kevin
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
blonde79
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '16 Golf R

Welcome to CoS! I've been here since January and love it. I've seen a few cars around town but no one on here yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 VW GTI SE

baliano's in CoS IIRC. Nice guy, give him a shout!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
SAINT VAN ROCK
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blonde79 View Post
Welcome to CoS! I've been here since January and love it. I've seen a few cars around town but no one on here yet.
Thanks! Looking forward to getting situated and hope to bring some flavor of the car club that a buddy of mine established here in Germany to CoS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrdrvr View Post
baliano's in CoS IIRC. Nice guy, give him a shout!
Will do...thanks!

Kevin
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
baliano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINT VAN ROCK View Post
Thanks! Looking forward to getting situated and hope to bring some flavor of the car club that a buddy of mine established here in Germany to CoS.

Will do...thanks!

Kevin

Welcome to the Springs! We have a few meetings here in the Colorado Springs...one being a Bimmer Burger night that is held monthly, here is a link to the times/locations:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1814477

We have a small but friendly BMW crowd here...not too many E9X M3's tho..We do have a group of us who go on some 'spirited' drives about once a month. There is a great community of M3 owners in Denver which is only about 45 min away.
As far as powder coating I would call Winslow BMW and see who they refer to...I haven't had anything powder coated.
Feel free to PM me and we can trade contact info. Congrats on your purchase…post pics when you take delivery!
Eisenmann Race Black Series/Dinan/Active Autowerke/ Morr VS52/H&R/Arkym Front lip/Arkym Rear diffuser/Blacked out exterior trim/Custom Mirror's/ Performance CF spoiler/Huper Optik 20%/Lux H8/ DD- F85 Donington/Mugello, FI DP, BootMod, KW V3

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 02:55 AM   #6
SAINT VAN ROCK
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by baliano View Post
Welcome to the Springs! We have a few meetings here in the Colorado Springs...one being a Bimmer Burger night that is held monthly, here is a link to the times/locations:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1814477

We have a small but friendly BMW crowd here...not too many E9X M3's tho..We do have a group of us who go on some 'spirited' drives about once a month. There is a great community of M3 owners in Denver which is only about 45 min away.
As far as powder coating I would call Winslow BMW and see who they refer to...I haven't had anything powder coated.
Feel free to PM me and we can trade contact info. Congrats on your purchase…post pics when you take delivery!
Info is greatly appreciated! Looking forward to getting there...this move has been over a year in the making. I currently drive a 2004, 325i which I will transfer to my father once the ///M comes in (promise I made a few years ago). As with this new Bimmer, I will be sure to take plenty of pictures as I did not do a good job taking photos of my last one. She hasn't been photographed since 2007...I guess mainly because I haven't done any mods since then PM with my contact info on the way...looking forward to meeting fellow Bimmer enthusiasts!

Kevin
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
blonde79
Enlisted Member
Rep

Winslow

Kevin -

I wanted to share my Winslow experience w/you (picked my car up yesterday). I don't think they'd taken delivery of an M though military sales prior to me but they were fantastic! I'd visited Schomp (Denver) prior to deciding to have my car sent here and I'm so glad I went w/Winslow.

Winslow is a smaller dealership and treated me much better than Schomp...especially as a woman. Obviously a non-issue for you but I've walked away from a salesman/"perfect car" for talking to me stupid. I grew up w/cars, bikes, toys, mechanics, and know what I want in a vehicle. Schomp gave me the nudge-nudge, wink-wink as far as DCT vs 6MT.

I don't care what anyone else buys b/c everyone makes choices for different reasons and I appreciate that the crew at Winslow got it.

Soooooo...you are in for the ride of your life! This car has me smiling like it's my job
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #8
SAINT VAN ROCK
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Kevin -

I wanted to share my Winslow experience w/you (picked my car up yesterday). I don't think they'd taken delivery of an M though military sales prior to me but they were fantastic! I'd visited Schomp (Denver) prior to deciding to have my car sent here and I'm so glad I went w/Winslow.

Winslow is a smaller dealership and treated me much better than Schomp...especially as a woman. Obviously a non-issue for you but I've walked away from a salesman/"perfect car" for talking to me stupid. I grew up w/cars, bikes, toys, mechanics, and know what I want in a vehicle. Schomp gave me the nudge-nudge, wink-wink as far as DCT vs 6MT.

I don't care what anyone else buys b/c everyone makes choices for different reasons and I appreciate that the crew at Winslow got it.

Soooooo...you are in for the ride of your life! This car has me smiling like it's my job
blonde79,

Thanks for the feedback! Initially, I considered having my vehicle shipped to port and thereafter I would just go ahead and coordinate a transport to CoS. I decided to move forward with factory delivery to the dealer of my choice which in this case, I went with Winslow (glad that I did:based on your feedback). Let them know another ///M is headed their way in August...I cannot wait to take delivery!

Kevin
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #9
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

looks like Baliano is gonna need to set up a colorado springs night!!
we can drive there for once and meet you there
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 01:58 AM   #10
baliano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3, X5M

I will be happy to host a Colorado Springs GTG....just need these fires to go away first!
Eisenmann Race Black Series/Dinan/Active Autowerke/ Morr VS52/H&R/Arkym Front lip/Arkym Rear diffuser/Blacked out exterior trim/Custom Mirror's/ Performance CF spoiler/Huper Optik 20%/Lux H8/ DD- F85 Donington/Mugello, FI DP, BootMod, KW V3

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #11
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 VW GTI SE

Quote:
....just need these fires to go away first!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #12
blonde79
Enlisted Member
Rep

CoS Fire...

I hope all living here in CoS are safe. Not sure where you are Baliano but this fire is bad juju. This pic is from KOAA yesterday. USAFA housing was evacuated, luckily I live across I-25 and have an evac plan in the event things get crazier here. I was at PT yesterday and when the wind changed I watched the ash fall like snow.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #13
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blonde79
I hope all living here in CoS are safe. Not sure where you are Baliano but this fire is bad juju. This pic is from KOAA yesterday. USAFA housing was evacuated, luckily I live across I-25 and have an evac plan in the event things get crazier here. I was at PT yesterday and when the wind changed I watched the ash fall like snow.
That picture is crazy !! I'm ready to drive up let me know a time and place
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #14
SAINT VAN ROCK
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I will be happy to host a Colorado Springs GTG....just need these fires to go away first!
Slowly but surely getting settled in CoS....we are currently residing at Schriever in base housing. One Bimmer arrived on Saturday (with gate damage/ripped off my license plate holder). Still waiting on word on when my M3 will arrive to Winslow. I need to shoot over to Winslow anyhow for a replacement license plate holder. Looking forward to the next meet!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #15
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep

Ill bring steaks! whos got a good BBQ?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #16
SAINT VAN ROCK
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I have a grill but that is about it...my household goods are not due to arrive until 28 August Have some fold out chairs and a table too

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Denver View Post
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #17
SAINT VAN ROCK
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Our county is in a Stage II fire restriction....I need a gas grill (charcoal guy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Denver View Post
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #18
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Our county is in a Stage II fire restriction....I need a gas grill (charcoal guy)
shitty... cause charcoal tastes way better!!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #19
SAINT VAN ROCK
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
My ///M3 is still sitting at the port in Germany awaiting shipping the agony of waiting is painful! How is your break-in coming along?

Quote:
Kevin -

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #20
blonde79
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
My ///M3 is still sitting at the port in Germany awaiting shipping the agony of waiting is painful! How is your break-in coming along?
Done and done! I was off work for a stretch and had lots of free time to drive and play. The real fun started after the break in.

The wait was a bummer but worth it in the end. Do you have any estimated idea for delivery?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #21
SAINT VAN ROCK
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Augustishhhhhh...at least I am hoping! At this rate, our house might be built before the car arrives!

Quote:
Done and done! I was off work for a stretch and had lots of free time to drive and play. The real fun started after the break in.

The wait was a bummer but worth it in the end. Do you have any estimated idea for delivery?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #22
SAINT VAN ROCK
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I was just notified that my M3 just hit Winslow's inventory...how long once you received notification did yours arrive?

Quote:
Kevin -

Appreciate 0