E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Boosted Bimmers Unite 2007 Chicago July 12-14th

07-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
eurotekm3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e36 M3, Audi B5 S4 Stg.2+

Exclamation Boosted Bimmers Unite 2007 Chicago July 12-14th

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=713691

"PLEASE READ THIS POST TO FOLLOW THE UPDATES ON THE MEET, I WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE THIS POST WITH ANY IMPORTANT INFO AS IT COMES ALONG

---

Hotel will be at the Schaumburg Mariot, the daily rate is $89 a night. PM me if you would like a room reserved.

Arrival / Show n Shine will start around 5pm @ Busse Woods off of higgins and rt. 53 Contact me on my cell when you arrive/going to show

Dyno Day is at Sound Performance Starts at 10am. Eatlier the better. $60 for 3 puls w/ O2 readout

Track day is at Byron Dragway. $10 to spectate, $25 to race and they told me trophys will be given out too. They have a Scale, and Race gas available aswell you pay at the gate just mention you are part of the boosted bimmer event.

Cruise will be discussed at end of days

--------------

5/7/07 - The hotel is going to be located in Schaumburg, IL right around Woodfield Mall. I NEED EVERYONE THAT IS GETTING A ROOM TO POST OR CONTACT ME. I need a number of hotel rooms that we are going to need so I can post up the pricing/location details.

4/23/07 - Okay, we're set on the calendar for the track (even though they didnt spell bimmers right... lol). As mentioned before I can get all of the out of towners set up in a Marriott hotel, for this I'm going to need a definite amount of rooms that we're going to have so I can get the right pricing on the rooms. I'm going to have to set a deadline soon to confirm the amount of people that want a room.

---

Okay, well I'm going to need a definitive head count of people that are going to come. It's coming to the time where these dates are going to be locked in, so I need to know how many to expect. Please post if you're serious about coming & include your names!

HERE IS THE ATTENDING LIST

1. Concentric190 (Andres) ------- Chicago, IL ----------- E36 Turbo M3
2. HyperHoHo (Andrew) ---------- Chicago, IL ----------- GT47 Supra
3. bmwperson (Tom) ------------- Chicago, IL ----------- E36 Turbo M3
4. Sausha (Jim) ------------------ Chicago, IL ------------ E36 Turbo M3
5. Streub1 (Brian) ---------------- Chicago, IL ----------- E36 Turbo M3
6. Card Counter (Ulysses) -------- Calvert County, MD -- E36 Turbo 328
7. BMWManiac (Alex) ------------- Ft. Knox, KY ---------- E36 Turbo M3
8. miljan3 (MJ) ------------------- ???, IL ----------------- E36 Turbo M3
9. ///M3Turbo (Tou) -------------- White Bear Lake, MN -- E36 Turbo M3
10. eurotekm3 (???) -------------- Chicago, IL ------------ E36 M3
11. BMW328guy1 (???) ----------- ???, IL ----------------- E36 Turbo 328
12. trthrrt489 (Dave) ------------- Chicago, IL ------------ E36 Turbo M3
13. Turbo Charging Dynamics ---- Dublin, OH ------------ E36 Turbo
14. Turbo Charging Dynamics ---- Dublin, OH ------------ E28 Turbo
15. Jordanmd88 (???) ------------ Atlanta, GA ------------ E36 Turbo 328
16. 97m3john (John) ------------- Chicago, IL ------------ E36 Supercharged M3
17. Geno325is (Geno) ------------ Chicago, IL ------------ E36 Turbo 325
18. Eric BMW (Eric) --------------- St. Louis, MO ---------- E36 Turbo M3 --- Thursday show n shine only
19. got psi (J.T.) ------------------ Chicago, IL ------------ E36 Turbo M3
20. M3Romeo (???) --------------- NYC, NY ---------------- E36 Turbo M3 --- Arriving Friday
21. Yasir (???) -------------------- Elizabethtown,KY ------ E36 Turbo M3
22. mike radowski (Mike) -------- Linden, NJ -------------- E36 Turbo M3
23. spooltime (???) -------------- Detroit, MI -------------- E36 Turbo M3
24. tyreed70 (Tyler) -------------- Chicago, IL ------------- E36 M3
25. kudos328 (???) --------------- Chicago, IL -------------- E36 328
26. bimmerforums (Zoheb) ------ Chicago, IL -------------- E36 M3
27. bcrisp82 (???) ---------------- ???, IN ------------------- E36 Supercharged M3
28. OBD1 2.8L (Chuck) ----------- Middleton, WI ----------- E36 Turbo 328
29. spooltime (Greg) -------------- Detroit, MI -------------- E36 Turbo M3
30. neilm3 (Neil) -------------- Chicago, IL -------------- E36 S/C M3 - (Turbo by July)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperHoHo
Alright, I spoke with Andre earlier tonight and we have pretty much decided on a date. It will be on the second week of July.

Thursday, July 12th - Saturday, July 14th will be the 3 day event. People will most likely stick around until Sunday. Sunday will be the day for everyone to have a safe trip back home. Here is the rough low down of what is going to go on during each day.

Thursday AM - This is for everyone that is not local to check into their hotels and to do whatever they wish to do...roam around Chicago or something lol! I will also be able to provide a VERY good discount on a Marriott hotel. I will get a specific location very shortly. I will have a big one with as many spots as I can reserved for all you folks!

Thursday AM/PM - Show N Shine. This is exactly what it means. This is the time for everyone to show off their modifications, from the baddest race setup to the most blingest of the bling ever! We are hoping to get all the cars setup by 12:00-1:00PM. This should carry us onto early evening around 6:00-7:00PM. The location is still not decided yet.

Friday - Dyno Day/Cruise. The dyno day will be held at most likely one of two facilities. That has also not been decided at this point, but they are close to each other anyways. It will probably be between $30-$50 for 3-4 pulls per car on the dyno. We will give out some cash to the one who has the highest dyno. This will be held at around 10:00AM to whenever we run out of cars! It will most likely end by like 5:00-6:00PM. After this, there will be the ultimate cruise. Be prepared to have a full tank of gas, whether it be 93 pump or full out race fuel cause this is going to be a 100+ mile cruise with pit stops for food, re-group, etc.! This will last however long we wish, probably 2:00-3:00AM or so.

Saturday - Drag Strip. This will start 9:00AM or so to 5:00-6:00PM I believe, whenever the strip closes. I will have to check that again. We will a staging lane reserved for you guys. Entry will be between $20-$30 I believe. We will collect your money in advance, so when you do arrive everything will be good to go. That way this will also ensure that you guys are coming! We need at least 15-20 cars there to make this happen. That shouldn't be a problem I hope!

Everything is not completely set in stone at this point. As far as the dates, those are pretty much it, unless it is a conflict for most of you guys. Also, the road course we can setup if we get enough interest in it. We will have to find a day to squeeze that in. I will be elaborating more on the days and events in the near future, but as for now, that is the low down! I hope I will see most of you guys there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike radowski
I talked to Ulysses yesterday and mentioned a possible caravan with some east coast big dogs. Maybe my car will see the street again as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concentric190
Well we're still a few months away... The meet will be in the Chicago land area. 3 Day event. Show and Shine, Dyno day, Cruise / Out on the town, Drag Strip day. "
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
I have boost.
      07-02-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
derek0480