E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Finally the long wait is over!!!

05-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
E90ROXS
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Finally the long wait is over!!!

Just got my Duke Dynamic Quad CF Diffuser for my E90 N52. Installed pictures will be posted this weekend.

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
BMW Junge für Leben
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI E90 335i

looks sick! i have their quad diffuser on my 335i looks sick. but god DD really takes their time to ship
      05-31-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
E90ROXS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Junge für Leben View Post
looks sick! i have their quad diffuser on my 335i looks sick. but god DD really takes their time to ship
I know but the quality is awesome.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 12:57 AM   #4
BMW Junge für Leben
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ROXS View Post
I know but the quality is awesome.
ya, it was worth it in the end. interested to see how yours fits. the fitment on my diffuser was spot on but lots of horror stories on the forum about DD having TERRIBLE fitment
      05-31-2012, 01:08 AM   #5
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
hopefully it fits?

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 01:15 AM   #6
E90ROXS
Captain
Rep

I bought their CSL trunk through LTBMW. The fitment is about 98%. Hopefully I don't have to contact DD about the fitment of this diffuser. By the way, please don't do business with LTBMW. Long story short. They sent me a "FAKE" DD CLS trunk the first time. I contacted Long and complain to him how the trunk did not look like the picture I saw on DD's page (no pre drilled holes, scratches everywhere, surface not even). He then asked me to ship it back to him. The second trunk I got was a real piece from DD, but the right corner was chipped. You can clearly see that they covered the paint over the damage area. I will post the picture tomorrow. I regret for not taking pictures of the first trunk they sent me. These guys thugs!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 03:27 AM   #7
longtran@ltbmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota Tundra

Quote:
I bought their CSL trunk through LTBMW. The fitment is about 98%. Hopefully I don't have to contact DD about the fitment of this diffuser. By the way, please don't do business with LTBMW. Long story short. They sent me a "FAKE" DD CLS trunk the first time. I contacted Long and complain to him how the trunk did not look like the picture I saw on DD's page (no pre drilled holes, scratches everywhere, surface not even). He then asked me to ship it back to him. The second trunk I got was a real piece from DD, but the right corner was chipped. You can clearly see that they covered the paint over the damage area. I will post the picture tomorrow. I regret for not taking pictures of the first trunk they sent me. These guys thugs!!!!
woah, excuse me? I sold you a fake trunk? How is it fake? I carry Duke Dynamics parts and I do not copy or sell any fake Duke Dynamics parts. The trunk came that way unfinish from duke dynamics. I was not aware of it. I covered all shipping cost. I never once complain about it or made any excuse. I thought I handle this very professional. Even though it was not my fault. Please do not accuse me of selling you fake parts.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 04:10 AM   #8
psquires
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335I E90

LTBMW is one of the most reputable dealers on e90post and i have never heard anyone question the integrity of their business. it is completely wrong to accuse them of selling you "fake" parts when you have no real proof and don't seem to really know yourself.
      05-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #9
E90ROXS
Captain
Rep

Here are the conversations from me and DD. They claimed all of their trunks came with pre-drilled holes and has a metal lining on the inside while the trunk I got from LTBMW was a one piece fiber glass with no pre-drilled holes and had no metal lining on the inside.

--- On Fri, 10/21/11, DUKE DYNAMICS <info@dukedynamics.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: e90 lcicsl trunk
To: "'Alan Le'" <alanle79@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, October 21, 2011, 3:07 AM

As you can see on this pic belwo, it has all the pre-drilled hole.
http://www.dukedynamics.com/products...%20TRUNK_3.jpg

Both trunks pre-lci and Lci has the design, same height, except the LCI logo are place in the middle of the trunk.

FRP are trunk strong enough to withstand the slamming, cause we don’t have any problem with this yet (tested for over a year).

Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 8:02 AM
To: DUKE DYNAMICS

The trunk arrived damaged so LTBMW took it back. However, it was a fiber glass and had no pre-drilled holes at all and the surface underneath the BMW emblem had a lump. Another question, I saw the e90 LCI CSL trunk on your website labeled as "high kick". Are there 2 versions? One is "high kick" and the other is regular height? Another concern I have is the fiber glass strong enough to withstand all the slamming when closing the trunk? It looks very fragile to me.

--- On Thu, 10/20/11, DUKE DYNAMICS <info@dukedynamics.com> wrote:

Date: Thursday, October 20, 2011, 7:48 PM

Hi Alan,

Most of our csl trunks are pre-drilled at the factory, the holes for the license plate area are embed with a thin CNC machine cut out PLATES for the mouthing the oem light and lock handle.

Do you mind to send us a photo of the trunk you had purchased from LTBMW, so we can take a look at the problem?

Thanks,
DUKE DYNAMICS

Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 2:48 PM
To: info@dukedynamics.com
Subject: e90 lcicsl trunk

hi, does your e90 lci csl trunk come with pre-drilled holes? The reason why I ask is I bought a fiber glass e90 lci csl trunk from LTBMW and it came without pre-drilled holes. Please let me know on this. Thanks

================================================== ========

Here are a few closed up of the trunk.

White spots on the surface as a result of poor painting job.

Corner was damaged. Trunk was not secured with wooden block on both corners.

Scratch mark on surface. It occurred right after the trunk was painted. That is why you see some dried paints along the scratch mark. The mark would have been a clean cut without any paint dried paint if it happened at customer's site.

2nd trunk arrived with a damage on the right corner. A trunk that costs $1,100 should be flawless and treated with cares.

Last edited by E90ROXS; 05-31-2012 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 11:41 PM   #10
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

DD actually stated "most of our csl trunks" and not "all".
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 02:58 AM   #11
longtran@ltbmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota Tundra

Quote:
Here are the conversations from me and DD. They claimed all of their trunks came with pre-drilled holes and has a metal lining on the inside while the trunk I got from LTBMW was a one piece fiber glass with no pre-drilled holes and had no metal lining on the inside.

--- On Fri, 10/21/11, DUKE DYNAMICS <info@dukedynamics.com> wrote:

Date: Friday, October 21, 2011, 3:07 AM

As you can see on this pic belwo, it has all the pre-drilled hole.
http://www.dukedynamics.com/products...%20TRUNK_3.jpg

Both trunks pre-lci and Lci has the design, same height, except the LCI logo are place in the middle of the trunk.

FRP are trunk strong enough to withstand the slamming, cause we don’t have any problem with this yet (tested for over a year).

Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 8:02 AM
To: DUKE DYNAMICS

The trunk arrived damaged so LTBMW took it back. However, it was a fiber glass and had no pre-drilled holes at all and the surface underneath the BMW emblem had a lump. Another question, I saw the e90 LCI CSL trunk on your website labeled as "high kick". Are there 2 versions? One is "high kick" and the other is regular height? Another concern I have is the fiber glass strong enough to withstand all the slamming when closing the trunk? It looks very fragile to me.

--- On Thu, 10/20/11, DUKE DYNAMICS <info@dukedynamics.com> wrote:

Date: Thursday, October 20, 2011, 7:48 PM

Hi Alan,

Most of our csl trunks are pre-drilled at the factory, the holes for the license plate area are embed with a thin CNC machine cut out PLATES for the mouthing the oem light and lock handle.

Do you mind to send us a photo of the trunk you had purchased from LTBMW, so we can take a look at the problem?

Thanks,
DUKE DYNAMICS

Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 2:48 PM
To: info@dukedynamics.com
Subject: e90 lcicsl trunk

hi, does your e90 lci csl trunk come with pre-drilled holes? The reason why I ask is I bought a fiber glass e90 lci csl trunk from LTBMW and it came without pre-drilled holes. Please let me know on this. Thanks

================================================== ========

Here are a few closed up of the trunk.

White spots on the surface as a result of poor painting job.

Corner was damaged. Trunk was not secured with wooden block on both corners.

Scratch mark on surface. It occurred right after the trunk was painted. That is why you see some dried paints along the scratch mark. The mark would have been a clean cut without any paint dried paint if it happened at customer's site.

2nd trunk arrived with a damage on the right corner. A trunk that costs $1,100 should be flawless and treated with cares.
The trunk came from Duke Dynamic that way. Do you know what FRP mean? fiberglass reinforce plastic. Its just a fancy way of saying fiberglass. You did order that version right? The trunk was clearly damage by fedex and again I covered you another trunk and I dealt with fedex for the claim.
One last point, Duke Dynamics trunk are $750 for frp, why in the world would I go off and make replica of a trunk that is already affordable? Does that make sense to you? If you had an issue about this, you should have let me know. I would have taken care of it no problem at all. Even if it cost my more money. I wouldn't mind it. Instead you go around and accuse me of something I did not do.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 03:23 AM   #12
bmwaddict
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 AW 335is E92

ops...
I never buy anything from this guys (LTBMW), but I still trust them. I think it is some miss communication between OP and LT. One love for LT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran@ltbmw View Post
The trunk came from Duke Dynamic that way. Do you know what FRP mean? fiberglass reinforce plastic. Its just a fancy way of saying fiberglass. You did order that version right? The trunk was clearly damage by fedex and again I covered you another trunk and I dealt with fedex for the claim.
One last point, Duke Dynamics trunk are $750 for frp, why in the world would I go off and make replica of a trunk that is already affordable? Does that make sense to you? If you had an issue about this, you should have let me know. I would have taken care of it no problem at all. Even if it cost my more money. I wouldn't mind it. Instead you go around and accuse me of something I did not do.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #13
E90ROXS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran@ltbmw View Post
You don't get what I'm trying to say here. Of course I know I ordered the fiber glass version. However, I need you to explain why the first trunk and the second trunk were not identical!!! Here are my problems with the first trunk:
-Trunk has no metal/plastic lining inside and no pre-drilled holes. This is the notorious reason why I have doubt in this trunk.
-Corners of the trunk were not secured with a wooden block which resulted in a damaged right corner during shipping.
-Poor paint job. White spots everywhere on the surface.
-Your sale guy claimed the trunk came with pre-drilled holes but it didn't. I'm very certain that all DD trunks comes with pre-drilled holes.
-Fiberglass looked almost like cardboard. You can look at the picture that shows damaged corner.
-Fresh scratch mark right after paint job was completed.
-You promised to personally bring the replacement trunk to me but you didn't. As a result I had to wait for another 3 weeks to receive the replacement through fedex.
-Trunk was not a high-kicked version.
-I asked you to send me a copy of the receipt and you promised like 5 times but I never received it.

The second trunk you sent me had a damaged right hand corner. I didn't really bother to call you and complain anymore. All of my friends spotted the flaw the first time they looked at the trunk which really annoyed me. So do you think I should get a flawless trunk after spending $1,100 (includes trunk, paint job, tax and shipping)?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

looks like cardboard? is this your first time ever seeing what fiberglass looks like? even carbonfiber can look like that when "torn".

also, if you're so certain that all DD trunks come with pre-drilled holes, ask them to send you a statement that says "yes. ALL of our trunks come pre-drilled and with metal reinforcement skeleton underneath."

the damage stuff and the paint stuff, i cant comment on since thats between you two.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 04:42 AM   #15
MrToad
I rike bee em dub u
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Appreciate 0