E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > BMW Artwork

05-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
Mark II
The Grim Reapers Love Child
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M-Sport Coupe

BMW Artwork

Hi all,

Whilst I was ill I had a fair amount of time to myself (too much at times) and I found it was a good idea to occupy myself doing something different - in the midst of which I ended up combining two of my biggest passions, Cars and Art (good job it wasn't Football and Art eh ).

Like many things, it may look simple but it actually takes a fair amount of time, digitally manipulating the RAW images through a set of special effects filters, adjusting the processing order and tuning different parameters until I arrive at the final look.

Anyway, thought I'd show you a couple of my BMW car art pictures - I've thought about having them made poster size and turning them into wall art (you don't get the full effect when they're small).

What do you think?

Name:  BMW-Ultimate Flying Object-2012.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  339.0 KB

Name:  Squintillicious_2012.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  506.4 KB

Previous: e92 M-Sport. TiAg. Black Dakota. Creamy 6cyl diesel. Stage II Tune. Performance exhaust. K&N. Auto+paddles. Quaife LSD. BMW BBK+Cool Carbon S/T. Goodridge. 19" Breyton Race GTS. Vredesteins. M3 lip. Prof nav. Xenons. Voice. Sun protection. Pdc. etc..

Last edited by Mark II; 05-17-2012 at 09:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
Laney
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: F32 435dx ms, E90 330d ms

Garage List
I like the first one. It'd look good on the wall in a clean white office.

What software do you use?

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
Mark II
The Grim Reapers Love Child
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laney View Post
I like the first one. It'd look good on the wall in a clean white office.

What software do you use?
Thanks Laney, I have 3 different photo processing programs and tend to run the images through at least two (as each have different filters) but I usually start off with Photoshop to get the levels right for what I have in mind.

I love the UFO image myself but the Squintillicious image really looks better on a big screen and standing at a suitable distance. I think it would look fantastic done life size or even blown up, patterned and cut out of gloss tiles...if only my creative streak had the time & money to run riot

Previous: e92 M-Sport. TiAg. Black Dakota. Creamy 6cyl diesel. Stage II Tune. Performance exhaust. K&N. Auto+paddles. Quaife LSD. BMW BBK+Cool Carbon S/T. Goodridge. 19" Breyton Race GTS. Vredesteins. M3 lip. Prof nav. Xenons. Voice. Sun protection. Pdc. etc..
Appreciate 0