E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > A Brief review of Progman 25.02.02 and MOST iPod kit for iDrive-equipped car

06-25-2007, 08:38 PM   #1
bud001
That Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 330i (E90)  [0.00]
A Brief review of Progman 25.02.02 and MOST iPod kit for iDrive-equipped car

Hello all,

I just got back from the shop. They installed a new tire (Ouch on the price), installed the iPod kit and updated the iDrive. So i am putting together a review so far:
  1. New graphics is good, but i dont particularly care for the new nav colors. Because the ground is blue and the sea is slightly darker, going home for me (i live near the water) is like driving the car into the Intercoastal for the nav.
  2. Force feedback - In the former version i had, the "force kickback" is everywhere: phone lists, nav destination lists, and so on. Now they got rid of most of them and the only kickback i got is from the iPod functions (more on that later)
  3. Retention of settings - i know several posters said that many of their settings are cancelled/deleted after the upgrade. I brought my phone manual with me in case they deleted my BT link. But lo and behold, most are still there. The phone book and the address book are both there, but the radio presets are not. Neither was the lock settings, the air con and the other trivial stuff like audio profile and stuff. Took me like 10 minutes to restore them all.
  4. Search function- THANK GOD. Finally i can search the places i want to go instead of funbling around and trying to find it.

But there are a couple of issues:
  1. General slowness: Maybe its the MOST kit, but all of the functions are just a tad slow. The startup is quicker and the lawyer screen goes away on its own but when i am in nav the popup windows are slow and so is the zoom. Maybe the computer just needs time. The phone book loads much quicker though and correct every time (which is a minor miracle considering my phone is not one of the "authroized" ones.
  2. iPod: Yes, like many have noted before, the kickback on the knob is there and sometimes it takes a little while to load, but the most annoying part is that in pkaylist mode (CD1) it jumps onto my first playlist (which is not even an actual playlist, just all songs) so you need to go back and load it up. But if you keep your pod plugged in it stays on the same playlist.

i hope it helps.
Appreciate 0