E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Electrical problem - lights

05-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
RichM
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D

Question Electrical problem - lights

Hi,

My 2007 E90 has a weird electrical problem. Basically the OBC keeps telling me that I have a bulb out and it dings all the time. Anyone would think I was in a plane. It warning sign on the dash varies between being fog lights and headlights. However, I checked all of my lights and they all work fine. Also, the indicator/turn signal lights flash rapidly (typical symptom when a bulb is out) But again, they all illuminate fine.

The problem occurred after torrential rain.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
mike5809
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335i M-Sport [LeMans Blue]

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM View Post
Hi,

My 2007 E90 has a weird electrical problem. Basically the OBC keeps telling me that I have a bulb out and it dings all the time. Anyone would think I was in a plane. It warning sign on the dash varies between being fog lights and headlights. However, I checked all of my lights and they all work fine. Also, the indicator/turn signal lights flash rapidly (typical symptom when a bulb is out) But again, they all illuminate fine.

The problem occurred after torrential rain.

Any ideas?
I had a warning that a light was "out" as well. I checked and could not find a single light out. I ended up taking it to the dealer and it had a "bad" connection in the taillights. The lights still worked, but I guess it was a weak connection The dealer replaced the parts and it was fixed.

So, there may be an issue to trigger the warning even though you may not see any lights that are out.

Hope that helps.

'11 335i M-Sport xDrive Coupe [LMB] COBB V3 & PTF Tune | E45 |4in BERK DP | VRSF 5in FMIC | BMS Intake | ER CP | Exotics Tuning CF Lip | CF Diffuser | Eibach Springs | Bilstein Shocks
'07 BMW 335i Coupe & BMW Z4 3.0i - Gone
Appreciate 0