E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Stock Map

06-23-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
ThomasMartin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Stock Map

Hey

Im also seeing a boost of about 9-10 psi at 4800m no where close to 12-14. How do i t get hold of a stock map to load and dyno the car then load 1.45 and dyno again? All my posts are never answered. Also want to know how good the vushnu catback exhaust is, any of you guys know?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2007, 05:15 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
How and in what gear are you measuring boost? With the PROcede software?

FWIW, if you're not hitting the boost target, you will know it because a trouble code/engine light will be triggered. If there is no light, everything on the boost side of things is just fine. The only other thing I can think of is octane. I don't know what kind of fuel you have down there in South Africa but if it isn't sufficient, the factory ECU will lower the boost targets considerably to protect the engine.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #3
issorcio
Rep
Drives: 335i Touring (E91) 6MT,PROcede

Quote:
How do i t get hold of a stock map to load and dyno the car then load 1.45 and dyno again?
Please Shiv answer this question, I'm really interested in a stock map too.
I also tried asking for this on vishnu tuning forums but nobody answered me.

Thanks in advance
Bye

PS:
Quote:
Im also seeing a boost of about 9-10 psi at 4800m no where close to 12-14.
I saw that my MAP sensor logged pressure going up until 18.7 psi (I fill my tank quite always with Shell V-Power 100 octane).
I'm loving how my PROcede works but don't you think my turbos are getting to much pressure?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
That 18+psi boost reading was after you lifted off the throttle. This is a normal pressure spike ad is what the bypass valves try to relieve. Remember that the MAP sensor used to read boost isn't in the intake manifold (which wouldn't see these pressure spikes because it is on the other side of the throttle body) but in the intercooler pipe instead.

I can post up a stock map within the next few days. Just testing out some stuff right now.

shiv
Appreciate 0