MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Did anyone else notice...

That when Zimmerman was released on bail, the media showed him driving off in a nice looking Alpine White BMW X6?

Regardless if it was his or not, i was thinking NICE car!

lol

Anyways....just an observation.
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #2
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

Didn't see it myself but my wife pointed it out to me lol

P.S. win thread?

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

It just had to be white?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Aren't majority of cars in FL white or other light colors? But yeah, given the circumstances...

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
Gladius
Two Wheels or Four?
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Perf Edition m240i

It was the bail bondsman's car. The news said a bail bondsman picked him up from jail, and showed him being ushered into the backseat of the X6.

Current: '18 AW Performance Edition m240i
Gone: '15 Mineral Grey m235i || '07 Silver Grey M Coupe || '11 Space Grey 328i XDrive || '08 SparkG M3 || '01 LSB M3 || '01 TiAg 330ci
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #6
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyles View Post
Aren't majority of cars in FL white or other light colors? But yeah, given the circumstances...

Aside from that, BMW sells more Alpine White than any other color.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Only thing I noticed is he may very well get away with murder. Who gives an F about a stupid car.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Only thing I noticed is he may very well get away with murder. Who gives an F about a stupid car.
Oh good God.

Go hug a tree. Preferably one with poison ivy. Let the justice system do its job, OK? Have you even made yourself aware of the witness testimony and evidence which has been gathered so far?

In many states, yes he would be a murderer. However, unless there's a bombshell on the horizon that we don't know about (GZ reversing his statement and admitting something other than what we already know, new evidence to refute both his statement and corroboration of witnesses, etc...), then the state of Florida is going to rightly let him walk.

Deal with it. If you don't like it, lobby to get the law changed, but if the law says he is not a murderer, then he's not a murderer. You are nobody to say otherwise.

Let the case work itself out. Too much manipulation by the media and ignorant masses to this point.

If he's a murderer, he will be convicted and go to jail. If he's not a murderer, the courts will determine such and you'll just have to drink a tall glass of shut the fuck up already.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
Busa1
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 and 435i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
You mean like OJ
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #10
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws
While I respect your opinion on the matter, I think we should let the judge and jury decide if Zimmerman is guilty of murder under the provisions of Florida law at the time.

The media has distorted and manipulated the truth, on both Zimmerman and Martin. Some call it character assassination. This has undoubtedly caused dissent and bi-polar public opinion on the matter based on the manipulation of the truth. While everyone is entitled to an opinion, unless you or someone on this board was there and saw the events unfold first hand, I don't think anyone of us has a right to claim one party guilty or innocent. In this case, calling him a murderer. With the on going trial process, whether the media is accurate or not, the prosecution has yet to bring a valid argument or proof against Zimmerman defense at this point in time. Maybe they will later on. The only real truth that rings throughout is this whole ordeal is a tragedy.

Perhaps the real issue at hand is the Florida Stand Your Ground Law. But once again, the media has only sent a sound bite to the masses on how controversial the law is, and alluding that anyone can shoot and kill someone in the name of self defense. This isn't accurate. The law states that there are certain pillars, or criteria, that must be met before one can execute Stand Your Ground. Per Florida Law 776.012 - 776.013:

776.012 (1) force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another and meets a condition described in 776.013.
776.013 (3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

That is my two cents.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #11
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

^ exactly

A kid died perhaps needlessly, and that's the tragedy. If Zimmerman walks because the law says he didn't violate the law, then... Yeah, that's NOT a tragedy. That's a system working as intended. If he goes to jail for murder, then that is also the system working as intended. It's not the court's job to send him to jail because of bad judgment.

How about people start trying to figure out the best way for this situation to NOT repeat itself, instead of trying to destroy a man who may in fact be innocent? The courts will decide whether or not he's a murderer, but it's up to the people to figure out how to fix what seems to be a bit of a problematic law. But everybody's too busy race-baiting and looking for revenge, thanks in large part to the media.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #12
GetSomeE92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Space Gray E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
While I respect your opinion on the matter, I think we should let the judge and jury decide if Zimmerman is guilty of murder under the provisions of Florida law at the time.

The media has distorted and manipulated the truth, on both Zimmerman and Martin. Some call it character assassination. This has undoubtedly caused dissent and bi-polar public opinion on the matter based on the manipulation of the truth. While everyone is entitled to an opinion, unless you or someone on this board was there and saw the events unfold first hand, I don't think anyone of us has a right to claim one party guilty or innocent. In this case, calling him a murderer. With the on going trial process, whether the media is accurate or not, the prosecution has yet to bring a valid argument or proof against Zimmerman defense at this point in time. Maybe they will later on. The only real truth that rings throughout is this whole ordeal is a tragedy.

Perhaps the real issue at hand is the Florida Stand Your Ground Law. But once again, the media has only sent a sound bite to the masses on how controversial the law is, and alluding that anyone can shoot and kill someone in the name of self defense. This isn't accurate. The law states that there are certain pillars, or criteria, that must be met before one can execute Stand Your Ground. Per Florida Law 776.012 - 776.013:

776.012 (1) force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another and meets a condition described in 776.013.
776.013 (3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

That is my two cents.
Couldn't agree more.

And fuck Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. They are two of the most racist people in the country and the media panders to it. I don't see them up in arms about this: White man beaten by mob of black guys or this: Black kids jump and beat white kid

And now, people from other states want to have Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law repealed? To hell with that. That law needs to be kept. Courts in this country have already held that law enforcement owes no duty to protect individuals. Now these people want to force everyone to run away or face charges for protecting themselves? That is just insane. I'll exercise my Second Amendment right and I'll continue to carry concealed to protect myself and those I care about should I ever find myself in the unfortunate circumstance where that becomes necessary.

EDIT: Why doesn't the media report things like this -> Grandmother uses firearm to protect herself, bad guy shot

Last edited by GetSomeE92; 04-25-2012 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #13
Busa1
Captain
No_Country
Rep

or this:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...79-504083.html
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #14
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
...If he goes to jail for murder, then that is also the system working as intended.
I'm not sure this will be the evidence of "system working as intended", at least the part related to the initial arrest, or rather lack of thereoff - not saying it was right or wrong not to arrest Z., but if Z. is convicted, it means he would indeed get away with murder if it wasn't for the media outcry/hysteria/fuss/whatever you want to call it.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #15
Busa1
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyles View Post
I'm not sure this will be the evidence of "system working as intended", at least the part related to the initial arrest, or rather lack of thereoff - not saying it was right or wrong not to arrest Z., but if Z. is convicted, it means he would indeed get away with murder if it wasn't for the media outcry/hysteria/fuss/whatever you want to call it.
I think it's also because of the media outcry that it will be tough for him to get a fair trial. Also, how parts of the story were manipulated.

Last edited by Busa1; 04-24-2012 at 02:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #16
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 JKU Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post

How about people start trying to figure out the best way for this situation to NOT repeat itself, instead of trying to destroy a man who may in fact be innocent?
The problem with this is people will automatically go after gun rights and not fix anything else. This appeals to the masses that are uneducated about fire arms.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #17
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Sirk View Post
The problem with this is people will automatically go after gun rights and not fix anything else. This appeals to the masses that are uneducated about fire arms.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #18
Z3->WRX->335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

too lazy to google Zimmerman...I guess I live under a rock
      04-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #19
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3->WRX->335 View Post
too lazy to google Zimmerman...I guess I live under a rock
don't bother, ur better off; lots of opinions based on slanted media reports (right or left depending on what channels/stations the person listens to)
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #20
Z3->WRX->335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
don't bother, ur better off; lots of opinions based on slanted media reports (right or left depending on what channels/stations the person listens to)
I tend to stay away from the news if I can...some stuff on the news is imprtant, but most of the time you have to sift through so much BS... it's not worth my time and all the worrying over stuff you can't do anything about anyways.

My time is better spent doing things I enjoy and bettering my own life.
      04-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #21
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quick write up of what happened

Zimmer was neighborhood watch (in a neighborhood that has been has robberies previously)
Zimmerman Calls cop on a person standing in the rain wearing a hoodie acting "suspicious" (police ask if the person is black or white)
Some kind of confrontation happens
Black kid is shot

Black community makes HUGE outcry and forces arrest to Zimmerman.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #22
direwolfM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

I like how a lot of you say we should just let the court system work it's self out but then say he will walk free in the same post.
Appreciate 0