E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Adjust 'Clutch Point' for Procede NLS?

04-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
uniter
Black on Black on Black.
Rep
Drives: 335i/6mt Sport,Nav,Prem.

Adjust 'Clutch Point' for Procede NLS?

I have an ACT Street HD Clutch/Pressure Plate, as you know the shift engagement point is significantly 'lower' than stock. The NLS system doesn't work smoothly because clutch 100% engagement occurs -before- the procede thinks it does, it's very difficult to drive with this on my shifts are much faster and accurate without it.
Is there any way to adjust this level so I can use NLS? Does anyone else have the same problem?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
I haven't looked at the switch mechanism in the footwell. But I wouldn't be surprised if it could be adjusted. Give it a look and see if the switch is mounted on a threaded rod. If so, adjust it as you see fit.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
uniter
Black on Black on Black.
Rep

Hey Shiv,
Thanks for the heads up, can you give me any info on the signal / how the procede works? Is it on/off or a range indicating position? Is there an 'adjustable variable' somewhere in the map? I'll look into the switch, but I'm almost entirely sure its position is non-adjustable.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniter View Post
Hey Shiv,
Thanks for the heads up, can you give me any info on the signal / how the procede works? Is it on/off or a range indicating position? Is there an 'adjustable variable' somewhere in the map? I'll look into the switch, but I'm almost entirely sure its position is non-adjustable.
The clutch switch is a basic on/off switch. When the switch is engaged (clutch released), the Procede cuts ignition via relay. Pretty basic. Nothing adjustable in the Procede other than the two RPM values for the 2-step.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
uniter
Black on Black on Black.
Rep

Aha, that was what I was afraid of.
It looks like something to poke into over the weekend
Appreciate 0