E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > What A Trip !

06-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #1
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

What A Trip !

What A Trip !

First it was a trip to pick up our X3 at the Performance Center and getting to meet some of the talented people I have been dealing with on the phone for the last nine years in mid May of ’06……….

The following week, Motor Werks sent me to Munich to experience ED firsthand, to take delivery of a 750LI and roam around Europe a little. Eight days and 1125 miles later, my trip ended, but my journey began……….

In July, we had put together a web site, dedicated to ED, for the sole purpose of putting a lot of information in one place to make it easier for people to find answers to their questions….

Near the end of July, I had a booth at a BMWCCA event in Grand Rapids, MI to kick off my web site.

By December of ’06 I was on my way to Woodcliff Lake, NJ to meet with the very talented staff of the European Delivery Department, during a slower period for them, so they could have the time to talk to me and explain the process.

Then,this story appears in the WSJ online ( print as well ) and I have been inundated with phone calls and emails. Thank you all for you comments and orders, it will be your trip soon !

In appreciation of all of the kind words and the business we have been receiving from the forum, Motor Werks has generously offered to give up 2 335 cabs and coupes out of their July allocation, for August European delivery. These will have to be sold at Euro MSRP since MW isn’t quite that generous ! If you want the lower price, we can start delivering ‘08’s in November.

regards
Irv
Appreciate 0