E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Help engine "shaking" during startup ( put back my stock intake nd it happened)...

03-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
Duy Euro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90
Location: I'm easy. Put me in an interesting location with good people and I'm there.

Red face Help engine "shaking" during startup ( put back my stock intake nd it happened)...

I don't really know how to explain it other than it feels like when I first start up the car it feels as if the engine is shaking or so for 3 seconds where I can feel it when sitting down. It feels like it's moving left to right for a few seconds and just stops. I recently put back my stock intake and it started happening. Anybody know what could be wrong?
Help help plzzzz
      03-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
OlivaresAnthony
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4

Garage List
Not sure, but have you tried making sure you installed everything correctly and that there are no air leaks?
E90 325i|Sparkling Graphite Metallic|Steptronic|Black Leatherette/Dark Burl Interior|OEM Alarm|35%Front/5%Rear Tint|RD LED License Plate Lights|Rear Fogs Activated|Debadged|Smoked Sidemarkers|Blacklines|Depo P90v2|Matte Black Grille|BMS PBX|AFE Drop In|Charcoal Filter Delete|Air Scoops| RM Silicone Intake Hose| Magnaflow 14815| 19" Avant Garde M310|Continental DWS|M3 Lip Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
Duy Euro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Location: I'm easy. Put me in an interesting location with good people and I'm there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivaresAnthony View Post
Not sure, but have you tried making sure you installed everything correctly and that there are no air leaks?
Yes im sure... i installed it rite
      03-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #4
Wrngway
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan A6

I was going to say that it might be an air leak after the MAF. Any unmetered air will throw the fuel calculation off and cause that issue. Even if you're sure you sealed everything up, I would go check again.

If that's not the case, you could try disconnecting the battery for several minutes to try to reset the car's parameters.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

check for vacuum leaks, you may have knocked a line off, or like the guy above said, you may have a bad connection after the maf, that causes hell for any maf car
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
Duy Euro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin@AKMotorwerk View Post
check for vacuum leaks, you may have knocked a line off, or like the guy above said, you may have a bad connection after the maf, that causes hell for any maf car
thanks alot..)
      03-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
Duy Euro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrngway View Post
I was going to say that it might be an air leak after the MAF. Any unmetered air will throw the fuel calculation off and cause that issue. Even if you're sure you sealed everything up, I would go check again.

If that's not the case, you could try disconnecting the battery for several minutes to try to reset the car's parameters.
humm ur rite
      03-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
Duy Euro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

problem solved thanks guys)i forgot to replace the new air filter... it was dirty. and it was an air leak LOL...T__T i forgot to tight the seal