E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > dual exhaust set up for e90 323i..

03-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 323I.

dual exhaust set up for e90 323i..

Hi there,
after a few days searching on the forum, i decided to do a dual exhaust set up for my car. my option is that a Magnaflow muffler with a dual tips. my questiion is that for doing a dual exhaust, i need a 335i rear bumper or i can just get a Diffuser from cyba?. which way works best? any commends on this set up? thank you.

i kinda like this video clip,

any ideas about how much would it cost?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep

bump. any ideas??
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
gaalforce
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

gotta get a 335 bumper iat least i had too thats ptob the most expensive part unless u get one cheap nd painted
      03-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

You going for aesthetic dual exhaust or true dual exhaust?

I ask because on your 323, your headers join at the resonator (dual input) and the output is one output (single output)... you plan on putting in a y-pipe somewhere after the rez to create the look of dual exhaust (there's also the option of the single muffler with two pipes output - see DINAN's version for an example)? You COULD just cut out the resonator and attach dual pipes all the way back (from catalytic converters back)... this would mean you would need two smaller mufflers for each side or not put on mufflers at all (depends on how loud you want your car).

it's all preference really, just throwing some ideas out there for you.
As for fitment, you're only roadblock is the bumper... you can use a 335 bumper (or diffuser)... your 'exhaust guy' should have enough skill to fit the tips where they need to go.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaalforce View Post
gotta get a 335 bumper iat least i had too thats ptob the most expensive part unless u get one cheap nd painted
well. how much it cost u in total?
muffler+bumper+installed.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep

im going for a aesthetic dual exhasut.. and my 323i has two output tips. for doing the 335i set up. im looking at the set up in this link. i know some body go for the quad , but 4 tips would be to much for me. lol..http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ight=dual+side

thank you for ur words tho..

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0OS3 View Post
You going for aesthetic dual exhaust or true dual exhaust?

I ask because on your 323, your headers join at the resonator (dual input) and the output is one output (single output)... you plan on putting in a y-pipe somewhere after the rez to create the look of dual exhaust (there's also the option of the single muffler with two pipes output - see DINAN's version for an example)? You COULD just cut out the resonator and attach dual pipes all the way back (from catalytic converters back)... this would mean you would need two smaller mufflers for each side or not put on mufflers at all (depends on how loud you want your car).

it's all preference really, just throwing some ideas out there for you.
As for fitment, you're only roadblock is the bumper... you can use a 335 bumper (or diffuser)... your 'exhaust guy' should have enough skill to fit the tips where they need to go.
Appreciate 0