F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Performance Center Delivery- SC
proTUNING Freaks

03-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey F30

Performance Center Delivery- SC

Anybody else doing this for their f30? This was a major selling point for me.

Any past experiences? Care to share?

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
unintelligible
Computer Janitor
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBimmerKid View Post

Yep, I am. Scheduled for May 10th. Based on the reviews & experiences of others, I'm psyched. Not only will the PCD experience itself be great, but I'm taking a slight detour to run the Tail of the Dragon a day later, then head home. It's going to be a great weekend!

Last edited by unintelligible; 03-10-2012 at 08:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unintelligible
Quote:

Yep, I am. Scheduled for May 10th. Based on the reviews & experiences of others, I'm psyched. Not only will the PCD experience itself be great, but I'm taking a slight detour to run the Tail of the Dragon a day later, then head home. It's going to be a great weekend!
I'm scheduled for May 7th but my CA said he would try to get it pushed sooner since my car has already completed production.

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
unintelligible
Computer Janitor
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 328i

Quote:
I'm scheduled for May 7th but my CA said he would try to get it pushed sooner since my car has already completed production.
Sweet. I think they're putting a lot of cushion in the schedule, mine is currently in the paint shop and is scheduled to be completed March 16th. Seems like I should be able to take delivery near mid-April rather than 2nd week of May, but hey. Do let me know if you have any success moving it up though... I'd be curious if they could do that for me as well.
      03-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #5
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unintelligible
Quote:
Sweet. I think they're putting a lot of cushion in the schedule, mine is currently in the paint shop and is scheduled to be completed March 16th. Seems like I should be able to take delivery near mid-April rather than 2nd week of May, but hey. Do let me know if you have any success moving it up though... I'd be curious if they could do that for me as well.
Yea man, absolutely. My CA said he wouldn't know until he got the boat info, and then he would contact the center. I'll keep you updated.

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
iwannabimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda6s grand touring

What are the benefits of getting the car at the PCD? That's in Spartanburg, SC right?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
pcbrew
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i 6MT

Quote:

Yes. Doing ED in May and PCD in July (I hope). In TX but buying from West Coast dealer that has ED experience and is giving me a great deal.

I have looked into it and doesn't seem like as much driving time as I originally thought. Seems like ~2 hours plant tour, ~2 hours driving, with some instruction at the front and then 1-2 hour personalized delivery presentation. Starts at 8am and done by 3pm. I will done get the delivery presentation since that will be done at the Welt in Munich, so will be done earlier.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #8
fookie
Rep
Drives: Uber-wagen

If anybody will be there on April 20th and want to meet up, let me know.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #9
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannabimmer View Post
What are the benefits of getting the car at the PCD? That's in Spartanburg, SC right?
Yes, it is in Spartanburg. (Technically, it's Greer, SC) You get a tour of the x3 production and of the BMW museum they have there. You get off-road test track driving in the X's, skid pad driving, hard braking, avoidance maneuvers, etc. Plus, you get to take a HOT LAP with one of their professional drivers in an M5. (Lots of smoke, lots of sideways ) They also provide a hotel room for the night before, dinner at the hotel, breakfast and lunch the day of the delivery, and transport to the Performance Center from the Marriott via BMW's, of course. The best part being that it's all free, minus the transportation costs of getting to Spartanburg. If you have the opportunity to go, I would recommend you do so.

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #10
Raikkonen
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

I live in Detroit, and I bought my car from CA (Steve Thomas BMW), so PCD was a natural choice.

Considering it's "free", it is the single greatest delivery experience you could ever have.

Being picked up from the airport in a brand new X5 diesel, taken directly to the Marriott, the filet Mignon I had for dinner, the amazing buffet breakfast, the factory, the track time, the personal delivery of my car, and the best 600 mile drive in my life...PCD, for being free, is AMAZING.

Aside from European Delivery, I will never take delivery of a new BMW any other way, not to mention it allows the Midwest/East-coast people to buy/lease a car anywhere in the US, and take delivery there.

Just do it...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #11
json
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i

Ok ok ok, I'm a bit lost. There are no extra charges to take delivery of the car in SC? I just need to pay for my flight to SC. Hotel, food, hot lap, meals and transportation from airport is free?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
gator15
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by json View Post
Ok ok ok, I'm a bit lost. There are no extra charges to take delivery of the car in SC? I just need to pay for my flight to SC. Hotel, food, hot lap, meals and transportation from airport is free?
You are correct, the only thing you have to pay for is your flight to GSP. I am doing ED in April and then taking re-delivery at the Performance Center. One of the caveats, especially with ED, is that it does seem to take longer for re-delivery at the Performance Center as opposed to your regular dealership. For ED, this is because the Performance Center will not schedule you until customs has cleared the vehicle. Due to the uncertainty in the amount of time that customs can take, it makes sense. For me, I can wait a few additional weeks for my car if that means taking re-delivery at the Performance Center.

Also, if you have an experienced CA in ED, they can submit a request for the re-delivery date way beforehand, which will be denied by the Performance Center. However, this request puts you first in line in scheduling when the car is cleared by customs. Of course, that only pertains to ED customers, as there isn't a customs problem with factory delivered new vehicles and they can schedule PCD in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #13
Enkur
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Yes that is correct. You only have to pay for transportation to SC.
I have done both a normal PCD delivery and one of my friends bought a M5 so he gets a 1-day M school. You can bring a guest for the delivery so I went with my friend. The M school was phenomenal as you get to drive every M car they had at the time which was a Z4M, M5 and M6 (the new M3 was not yet added to the lineup). You get a lot more seat time for the M-school as there is no plant tour.

Quote:
      03-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #14
wdlv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

I'm planning on getting delivery in SC with ED pickup first. I've heard about the Performance school so many times and have wanted to experience it myself. In any case, the guys at the dealership were saying I was "double-dipping" (with a chuckle) but hey don't offer it if you don't want people to utilize it, right?

I specifically went for a new vehicle due to European Delivery AND Performance Center Delivery in Spartanburg. I thought it was one or the other but you can actually do both! But, I guess it's only good if you're not that far away or it depends on how far you're willing to travel.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #15
json
Enlisted Member
Rep

Omg this is awesome. My car is currently waiting for a vessel, do you guys think I can request delivery in SC?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #16
wdlv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Omg this is awesome. My car is currently waiting for a vessel, do you guys think I can request delivery in SC?
If you want SC delivery, I would try to contact the dealer ASAP. I don't know if they have to do this at the point of when you place the order. But I do know for me, the salesman kept reminding me to tell to add SC delivery at the end of the order.

Well, my advice would be to try to persuade ("bribe") your salesperson with some champagne or something. In any case, I hope it doesn't come to that.

GOOD LUCK!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #17
iwannabimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda6s grand touring

I'm curious...if you guys had to choose one or the other, would you do European Delivery or Performance Center Delivery? Pretend you can't do both.....
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #18
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
I'm curious...if you guys had to choose one or the other, would you do European Delivery or Performance Center Delivery? Pretend you can't do both.....
Having done neither, I'd go with ED.. biggest reason is probably since I have to have it shipped to Hawaii either way and I'm not so sure I could do that from the PCD. Well, that, plus I get to drive to my family in Europe xD

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #19
Enkur
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
If you had to choose between the two... its hands down has to be ED. Even though I did my ED back before the Welt days it was an awesome experience to drive your own brand new BMW around Germany on the Autobahn. The joy of the car through the German countryside with your family enjoying all the sights along the freeways is unmatched by PCD.

Quote:
      03-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #20
json
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for your responses. I called my CA and VPC and they said I was unable to do this since the car already left the factory. Thank you all or your help. I really wish I knew of this before.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #21
jzcrna
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by json
Thanks for your responses. I called my CA and VPC and they said I was unable to do this since the car already left the factory. Thank you all or your help. I really wish I knew of this before.
sorry to hear I always wanted to do this but I worry that I will not be able to get the time off from work or it won't go as planned.

I will be leasing anyhow so those would extra miles on the car. Maybe some day.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #22
json
Enlisted Member
Rep

The good news is that the ca is waiting for a vessel.
Appreciate 0