E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Performance Short Shifter & CDV Review + Performance Aero w PE pic

03-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
jc5988
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i 6MT

Performance Short Shifter & CDV Review + Performance Aero w PE pic

Finally have time to get few parts swap out.

Modified CDV

Clutch pedal now feel much more direct, with each gear change, it just bites and go, instant power transistion.

Short Shifter Lever + Sparco Racing Knob

I had the original shifter on with short shifter lever installed at first, so the it actually added about half inch to the height of the knob.

the lever really reduce the side to side distance, up and down also reduced a bit, but i used to stuck sometimes when shifting into 5th, now i get stuck often when shifting into 3rd with stock shifter....

Finally I dig up my 10 years old sparco racing knob to complete project, it really made big difference in terms of driving experience. Made from solid aluminum, the "click-click" feels very very distiquishable now, no more mis-shift into 3rd or 5th now.

With all the above mods combined, the car feels much much more mechanical, making EVERY shift very enjoyable.

Also had a chance to upgrade to Performance Aero Rear with my PE, here is couple of pic on the PA+PE and the sparco shifter.
Name:  C360_2012-03-02-08-37-04.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  172.3 KB
Name:  P1080084.JPG
Views: 413
Size:  170.2 KB
      03-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
aznboi330i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Man

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc5988 View Post
Finally have time to get few parts swap out.

Modified CDV

Clutch pedal now feel much more direct, with each gear change, it just bites and go, instant power transistion.

Short Shifter Lever + Sparco Racing Knob

I had the original shifter on with short shifter lever installed at first, so the it actually added about half inch to the height of the knob.

the lever really reduce the side to side distance, up and down also reduced a bit, but i used to stuck sometimes when shifting into 5th, now i get stuck often when shifting into 3rd with stock shifter....

Finally I dig up my 10 years old sparco racing knob to complete project, it really made big difference in terms of driving experience. Made from solid aluminum, the "click-click" feels very very distiquishable now, no more mis-shift into 3rd or 5th now.

With all the above mods combined, the car feels much much more mechanical, making EVERY shift very enjoyable.

Also had a chance to upgrade to Performance Aero Rear with my PE, here is couple of pic on the PA+PE and the sparco shifter.
Attachment 653003
Attachment 653010
Beautiful!!!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy your Performance Aero Rear bumper? And how much did it cost to get everything done. (installation, paint, etc)
      03-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
jc5988
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi330i View Post
Beautiful!!!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy your Performance Aero Rear bumper? And how much did it cost to get everything done. (installation, paint, etc)
I got my aero rear kit plus a extra underbody cover penal(not included) for close to 800, the paint job was about 550 includes proper color sanding (very important or u get orange peel).

you should really shop around all the dealer around you, online is more expensive option for me due to shipping charge.

Last edited by jc5988; 03-04-2012 at 11:08 AM..
Appreciate 0