Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Seeking help for aggressive 19" set-up on pre-lci sedan!!!

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-24-2012, 03:09 AM   #1
Whorning
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E90 335i

Garage List
Seeking help for aggressive 19" set-up on pre-lci sedan!!!

Hey guys,

I'm getting some new wheels put on very soon and I'm seeking some help regarding the most aggressive fitment with spacers I can get without issues of rubbing everywhere.

The wheel specs are as follows:
Front: 19x8.5 ET35
Rear: 19x10 ET20

The tire specs are as follows:
Front: General Exclaim 235/35/19
Rear: Hankook Ventus V12 255/25/19

Suspension:
Lowered on ST coilovers to roughly H&R sport spring height or a little lower.

I'm wondering if I can put 15mm spacers in the front (effectively making the front offset 19x8.5 ET20) without issues of rubbing. My fenders are already rolled. If 15mm spacers won't work, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well. Please advise! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks for your time.

LCI Rear Conversion | Custom BBS CH l Karbonwerke CF CSL Trunk l Duke Dynamics Performance Diffuser | LTBMW Custom Molded Lip | ST Coilovers | JB3 PnP

Last edited by Whorning; 02-24-2012 at 03:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
landonvan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [10.00]
I dont know if you got your answer yet but you'll be fine. Im running et 20 up front with 245s and i only rub on big bumps and its on the bolt where the fenders meet. A 235 tire would stretch just right and not rub.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
Whorning
Major
Taiwan
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by landonvan View Post
I dont know if you got your answer yet but you'll be fine. Im running et 20 up front with 245s and i only rub on big bumps and its on the bolt where the fenders meet. A 235 tire would stretch just right and not rub.
Thanks, I was hoping someone would be able to give me some feedback haha. With running ET20 up front, are you still able to fully turn the wheel when you need to? Or does it somewhat restrict the turning? Appreciate the help.

LCI Rear Conversion | Custom BBS CH l Karbonwerke CF CSL Trunk l Duke Dynamics Performance Diffuser | LTBMW Custom Molded Lip | ST Coilovers | JB3 PnP
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #4
landonvan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [10.00]
I dont rubb at all when turning. but i have a 325i so i don't have the oil cooler vents on the passengers side. I think thats the side. anyway you have vent on one of the sides. You might have to shave down the plastic vents but I'm not for sure. But like I said i have 275 and i don't rub. so you might be in the clear. the rub is worth the look IMO.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #5
Whorning
Major
Taiwan
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by landonvan View Post
I dont rubb at all when turning. but i have a 325i so i don't have the oil cooler vents on the passengers side. I think thats the side. anyway you have vent on one of the sides. You might have to shave down the plastic vents but I'm not for sure. But like I said i have 275 and i don't rub. so you might be in the clear. the rub is worth the look IMO.
I just got my 15mm spacers installed today. Everyone at the shop was skeptical of whether they would actually work or not - most people thought it would for sure rub!! It turns out that there's absolutely no rubbing whatsoever when turning the wheel though. I have yet to test it out going through bumps but I think it's safe to assume that if there is any rubbing, it will be very minimal thanks so much for your help, it's much appreciated!!

Appreciate 0