E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > anyone noticed your post count lately?

02-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

anyone noticed your post count lately?

Anyone else have their post count severely cut down?i just feel that if you're going to erase my posts, at least let me know first. I want to start this thread not only to address one issue but to address many others that may have risen in the past few years.
I'll start off by saying my post count is not something that means the world to me but i do feel that it shows that i've been here for a while and i care enough to respond to you. I'm sorry if this is a repost or been covered already, but has anyone noticed that their post count has been cut? i know i had 11,000+ posts and now have around ~2200, Any admins or members want to chime on this? I cant find many of my posts where i covered topics that were to me of utmost importance, even if they were in the infamous chat thread. i think its blasphemous. Although post count is not always a measure of how intelligent you are, i believe it shows how active you are in the online community and how willing you are to help others. i don't know i guess i just feel its an inherently flawed system..one with advans+disadvans. I've been here for a while and i can't tell you how many times i've received "hey i noticed you are very active on the forum, could you help me out with problem A or B?". maybe as suggested by others, we need to find another system. Although i'm not the authority on everything i do try to help out every one any way i can or refer them to members i know can handle the topic as do many other members here. The post has a ton of great guys that are always willing to help out and provide information that we in turn use and apply to "real life". I know i do this because the post has been a learning experience and a GREAT source of knowledge. just figured i'd start a discussion on this and get some opinions, what's your guys feeling's on how this forum operates? Even suggestions to better the forum i'm sure would be appreciated. i'm not trying to start a movement or gain a following just want to hear some feedback. Just keep it holy and i'm sure we can find ways to better the tri-state and the rest of the forum, there's a lot of things i've noticed that could use improvement, chime in if you have an idea..i think we all need to go back to the notion of "Pay it Forward" rather than concentrating all our energy on flaming people with differing opinions. There were two members (hyper** and bimmer33**) i met back in 09, there the ones who taught me about that. I noticed it starting up back in 09 and now i peruse through the forums and see all kinds of disrespect, it's discouraging. Part of me wants this post to return to normalcy, the way it was when i first joined when it wasn't all about tuning wars, profitization and scamming people. we've got a great group of vendors and a helping hand is usually not that far away, but of course that doesn't apply to everything. Luckily, most of the tri-state area is IMHO very good about this, and i've always received help when i asked. I mean when i needed a wheel back in 08, KimCh gave me his wheel for over two months to help me out, why don't i see that kind of attitude anymore? its been like "hey i'm a new member and i need help", and boom we get 500 members saying use the damn search button or telling the guy he's a retard, just don't think that is needed, how is that helping anything? i remember i was new once. Chime in if you have any feelings be it negative or positive, hoping all the OG's will check in here. Not saying if your new that you don't have the right to voice your opinion but if you have anything sensitive or negative just keep it outta` here! thanks for reading what may be regarded as the most digressing thread ever.

Happy Motoring Tri-State

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..

Last edited by RevC; 02-23-2012 at 09:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
Nypeder
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3/E90 335i

Wow i just checked and I lost like 15k posts. They prob deleted the old chat threads
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypeder View Post
Wow i just checked and I lost like 15k posts. They prob deleted the old chat threads
lol its all good, we all know the OG's! yeah that's weird, that's what i had initially thought and then went back to check some old posts of mine and they were just gone..fack. just bothered me because i was looking for something and couldn't find it, i always thought of the post as a sort of dictionary/almanac and i could refer back to it anytime but its clear that webspace and the cost incurred is more important. if you posted something that you don't want to lose i guess just save that ***T now! this was the straw that broke the back and encouraged me to figure out why this post has deteriorated so much and how to fix it..

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..

Last edited by RevC; 02-23-2012 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
SMOKE EM IF U GOT EM!!
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' E90 330, 20' F97 X3m

Garage List
2006 330i SPORT  [7.34]
Yea I had that wtf brain fart moment yesterday. Not the first. Damn sure not the last time it'll happen on here.

LIVE FAST..DRIVE FASTER!!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE EM IF U GOT EM!! View Post
Yea I had that wtf brain fart moment yesterday. Not the first. Damn sure not the last time it'll happen on here.
maybe we shouldn't even monitor this statistic anymore? i do think the writing to the left has mixed importance, but yet maybe some people actually do pride themselves on their post count and rank and that's okay with me i guess if you're not throwing it in my face.

Last edited by RevC; 02-23-2012 at 08:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #6
onebadmofo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

I say admins should turn of post count completely. It doesn't prove anything.

I used to be an admin on few forums and always had post count display off, there's too much drama because of it.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post
I say admins should turn of post count completely. It doesn't prove anything.
there should be other ways to say you are active on this forum without using a number.

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #8
onebadmofo
Colonel
Rep

Well we still have the military ranks and stars.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #9
SMOKE EM IF U GOT EM!!
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i SPORT  [7.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevC View Post
maybe we shouldn't even monitor this statistic anymore? i do think the writing to the left has mixed importance.
Def. I'm w you. Cause there were countless times I said shit and went back to my posts and fished through numerous threads for more info on a project I was working on or a purchase I was about to make and all the info I needed was right there. But if they're gone, how am I supposed to do that now?

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #10
SMOKE EM IF U GOT EM!!
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i SPORT  [7.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevC View Post
there should be other ways to say you are active on this forum without using a number.
Exactly. Like show how many times a day you log on instead of posts. More helpful to people than just post counts of one word comments like some people do on here.

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #11
onebadmofo
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Def. I'm w you. Cause there were countless times I said shit and went back to my posts and fished through numerous threads for more info on a project I was working on or a purchase I was about to make and all the info I needed was right there. But if they're gone, how am I supposed to do that now?
I can find threads you created all the way back in 2006.
Admins probably just deleted chat threads. That's why Jerry now only has 1700 messages instead of 120000
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Well we still have the military ranks and stars.
yes, this is true but it's all a ranking system in the end i guess.
Quote:
exactly, got it. can't find my old posts..the chats are all gone..its the consensus now i guess.
Quote:
Exactly. Like show how many times a day you log on instead of posts. More helpful to people than just post counts of one word comments like some people do on here.
good idea

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #13
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I can find threads you created all the way back in 2006.
Admins probably just deleted chat threads. That's why Jerry now only has 1700 messages instead of 120000
, he's going to freak out. hahahaha

anyways back on topic..lets figure out ways to better the post and i encourage all members to disclose of gripes and suggestions.

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #14
SMOKE EM IF U GOT EM!!
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i SPORT  [7.34]
Quote:
Admins probably just deleted chat threads.

That's why Jerry now only has 1700 messages instead of 120000
Probably. And lmao you read my mind!!

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #15
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Probably. And lmao you read my mind!!
trying to get back on topic, must refrain from laughter!
yeah, had some debatably good stuff posted in those chat threads, going to miss that.

is there still a 30 sec wait Jerry?

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #16
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
lol @ post counts

I had like 14K before...not much a loss and dont really care

sucks for Jerry tho...
      02-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #17
SMOKE EM IF U GOT EM!!
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i SPORT  [7.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
lol @ post counts

I had like 14K before...not much a loss and dont really care

sucks for Jerry tho...
I know a certain someone that might not be getting a golden keyboard this year!! Lol

Back on track though, there should also be a comment section somewhere that all the feedback can actually be sorted through and maybe some of it put into mainstream.

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #18
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I know a certain someone that might not be getting a golden keyboard this year!! Lol

Back on track though, there should also be a comment section somewhere that all the feedback can actually be sorted through and maybe some of it put into mainstream.
vendor or member feedback? some sort of search system? trust me there's a lot of things i wish were more organized here, LOL. it would take a while but would make life easier.

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #19
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

do you really think admins give a shit what we lowly members think? sorry but its kinda like politics they don't give a crap
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #20
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '15 F22 M235i

^

Mods coming soon
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #21
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

lol i would like to express my true opinions about this site but i don't wanna get banned.....but by that statement alone you should get a gist on my thoughts haha
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #22
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
lol i would like to express my true opinions about this site but i don't wanna get banned.....but by that statement alone you should get a gist on my thoughts haha

Rev, can't believe I read your entire post. lol. What's up? Long time no see.

Honestly, the post counts that were removed. Shouldn't really count anyways. That's my $.02. And I don't go by post counts, I go by referrals.

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0