F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Cilajet Automotive Sealant
Extreme Powerhouse

02-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
Carnook
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: iX

Cilajet Automotive Sealant

Does anyone have any experience having this product applied to their BMW paint and rims?

My dealer is offering it for my new F30. I normally don't buy any of these "treatments", but I thought I would revisit the topic and see if there is any real-world benefit. My car will be black sapphire metallic so I will need all the help I can get to keep it clean and shiny.

cilajet.com

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
Rollin 328i
Luxury Line
Germany
Rep
Drives: 328i

cilajet

Just had it applied, saw the process and read a lot of articles and Google posts from others as well. I definitely know that it does not have a force field around the car, but by looking at it today it has a much glossier appearance to it. Give me a few months of use and will def let you know.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
e92involved
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW e92 M3

I am a finance manager and sell this product; it is great. We have many different dealerships and use them on cars from Ferrari to Hyundai. The sealant for the paint is the real deal. The only question you need to ask yourself, "Do I like to wax my car for fun." Reason being is this is a sealant, you are not suppose to wax the car after. This product has a 10 year warranty and wax being an abrassive compound will take it off over time. As for the interior product, I dont care for it on leather. However, it is great on fabric to avoid sweat, moisture, and dirt. If anyone has questions please ask I have been applying and selling it for 7 years.....never had a claim on the warranty.

J
      04-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
adriang
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92involved View Post
I am a finance manager and sell this product; it is great. We have many different dealerships and use them on cars from Ferrari to Hyundai. The sealant for the paint is the real deal. The only question you need to ask yourself, "Do I like to wax my car for fun." Reason being is this is a sealant, you are not suppose to wax the car after. This product has a 10 year warranty and wax being an abrassive compound will take it off over time. As for the interior product, I dont care for it on leather. However, it is great on fabric to avoid sweat, moisture, and dirt. If anyone has questions please ask I have been applying and selling it for 7 years.....never had a claim on the warranty.

J
would you be able to apply it to the oyster leather seats?
My jeans are staining the seat, so right now i have a thin blanket on the seat
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
e92involved
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriang View Post
would you be able to apply it to the oyster leather seats?
My jeans are staining the seat, so right now i have a thin blanket on the seat
Yes this would actually be a good application, this is a very common issue.
      04-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #6
adriang
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X2

now im interested! I will be doing a second spring clean as soon as it goes up a few centigrades! Our spring has been wild in Toronto area this year
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
shodanusmc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 135 Vert

There are many great Sealants that can be applied by your local detail shop for a lot less. Nothing lasts forever.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 01:17 AM   #8
Adriansideways
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

A friend applied Cilajet 9months ago to his e90 M3 and X5. The cars "look" cleaner even if it is dirty and if there is a layer of dead bugs on the front of the car its a hell of a lot easyer in fact a breeze to clean it, just wet and wipe with a microfiber. The rims you will notice still gets brake-dust but it does not embead itself in the wheel it just wipes off. It saves in terms of ease of washing and your car shines more. I'm happy and having mine done next week
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #9
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

I would recommend going to a professional detailer to get it done. Unfortunately the PDI guys are never the greatest and sometimes deliver a new car with scratches and swirls. You wouldn't want to buy the Cilajet and seal those swirls in....

There's another brand out there, called "OPTI-COAT"
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #10
Kmm
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i XDrive-on order

Hi Just Wondered if anyone is still happy with their purchase? Thanks!
      07-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
bananachipz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface View Post
I would recommend going to a professional detailer to get it done. Unfortunately the PDI guys are never the greatest and sometimes deliver a new car with scratches and swirls. You wouldn't want to buy the Cilajet and seal those swirls in....

There's another brand out there, called "OPTI-COAT"
Opti-Coat > Cilajet
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 05:55 AM   #12
Kmm
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i XDrive-on order

Any recommendations on when to do the Cilajet?
I have some concerns about when due to the Factory Paint cure process?
Does anyone know?
      09-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #13
mcp's
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

Looking for some help/advice.
In San Diego and have just bought the car and have two options I am considering (mineral grey 328i):

- Cilajet treatment for exterior and interior fabric and upholstery by dealer for 375.00

- Opticoat 2.0 treatment (This includes wash, clay, polish and application of coating to paint, plastics, wheels, and lights) by local, well-reviewed detailer for 495.00. Additional 100.00 for scotchguard and fabric protectant.

Leaning towards Cilajet for convenience and cost but want to make sure it is the right (or at least a reasonable) decision.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0