E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > post track day (noob question)

06-03-2007, 09:08 AM   #1
BMWdrmz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW's

post track day (noob question)

Sorry if this question has been asked. I was unable to find any results after searching.
I completed my first track day yesterday, and it was amazing. However, what are some post track day maintenance actions I should do to the vehicle. I'm thinking an oil change, brake flush, and just make sure the rotors and pads are still in spec...
BTW... I drive a space gray 335i coupe. The car behaved amazing on the course. I got a lot of compliments from three different instructors on how wel composed and fast the car was in transistions, granted I modded the suspension a bit (H&R rear sway and Eibach springs), but nothing major. Also I didn't see my oil temp get above 250 (ambient temp was 85F). Believe me I was really pushing the car, I typically shift at 6500 RPMs and at times was seeing speeds up 130+ during 25minute hot lap sessions. For those of you that really push your cars, you may want to conisder the following:
motor oil: BMW (castrol) Motor sport 10W-60
Coolant: mixture of standard coolant with one bottle of Redline water wetter
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 02:04 PM   #2
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
In all honesty these are things I look at BEFORE a track event. After if all I'm going to do is street driving I figure I'm usually pretty good until the next event or the next time I have an oil change/ etc. Especially with these new cars they have sensors all over so the car should tell you if something's amiss with the brakes. I also have a mechanic that I trust and he'd tell me if he thought I'd make it through the next event. But in reality regular street driving is pretty light on the cars compared to the track. I'd wait till you next event or when you have your next regular oil change.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #3
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

The only thing I do is bleed my brakes. Everything else I'll check in between sessions and what not. I wouldn't change my oil after every track day though.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 07:19 PM   #4
BMWdrmz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Thanks for the feedback.
Appreciate 0