E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Does anyone recognize this car?

02-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
cmyk
resident girl.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i + 2014 X5

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [8.76]
Does anyone recognize this car?

Hi all. Dropping in from Texas to see if anyone here can help me solve a bit of a mystery.

I purchased a 2008 E90 335i back in December and (long story short) I recently found out that it has a flash tune of unknown origin (if you're interested in the whole story, here it is. Might be worth a read).

I bought the car from a non-BMW dealership but I do have the previous owner's name and address which I found on a warranty receipt with the owner's manual from when the HPFP was replaced (I won't post his name here for privacy reasons, but if you recognize the car you are welcome to PM me). I'm extremely curious as to what tune this is, and, given what I know now, what other mods the car may have had at one point. I don't want to sound like a crazy stalker or anything by contacting this guy out of the blue, so I thought I would check here first to see if he is/was a member or if anyone around here recognizes the car. The info I have has a Woodbury address, and is from BMW Habberstad Huntington.

I'll post a few pics, and more/better pics are available in my Garage (The first 2 pics below are from the day I took delivery of the car. I have added a couple of mods since I purchased the car, but the e-cutouts were on the car when I bought it, and I doubt there are many E90s with cutouts out there, which might help narrow it down some; I know I'm the only one in my neck of the woods with them ). The car also appears to have had an aftermarket rear backup camera installed at one point.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and let me know if you've seen this car around, or if it belonged to a member here -- I'd like to solve the mystery of the Mysterious Flash Tune before I have it flashed back to stock and install my own tune. Figured someone here might be able to point me in the right direction!
Attached Images

2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Catless / FBO + F15 X5 xDrive35i

Last edited by cmyk; 02-12-2012 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
landman2k1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 F32 435ix

I dont know the car, but I do know Lazerz...Is that place still around? It's probably been 10 years since I used to go to Deep Ellum. Off topic, how are you liking the AWEs?
      03-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
cmyk
resident girl.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i + 2014 X5

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by landman2k1 View Post
I dont know the car, but I do know Lazerz...Is that place still around? It's probably been 10 years since I used to go to Deep Ellum. Off topic, how are you liking the AWEs?
Haha, I actually don't know if Lazerz is still around, but the sign is still there Most everything in Deep Ellum shut down a few years back for "gentrification" so I'd assume the club is no more. I drive through Deep Ellum on my way to work every morning and it's a ghost town. A few art galleries and small shops are starting to pop up again, though.

And I'm loving the AWEs!

2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Catless / FBO + F15 X5 xDrive35i
Appreciate 0