E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMW Performance Filter

02-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
ZZZZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i winterbeater

BMW Performance Filter

From what I undertand, BMW Performance Filter on stock airbox along with the carbon delete yields similar gains (on a dyno) as the euro-air box. Anyone run this setup? Comments?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
krnet2dboi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZZ
From what I undertand, BMW Performance Filter on stock airbox along with the carbon delete yields similar gains (on a dyno) as the euro-air box. Anyone run this setup? Comments?
Do people honestly think an air filter gives them any gains? Come one man! This is where enthusiast forums go down the hole. "IF" I'm not saying there are any gains, do you think you can honestly feel 2 HP? Stop these "I CAN FEEL 2HP!!!" threads. Run your stocks, and save some money for Christmas or donations
      02-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
krnet2dboi
Captain
United_States
Rep

By the way, drawing flames on the side of your car gives you gains too
      02-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
ZZZZ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnet2dboi View Post
Do people honestly think an air filter gives them any gains? Come one man! This is where enthusiast forums go down the hole. "IF" I'm not saying there are any gains, do you think you can honestly feel 2 HP? Stop these "I CAN FEEL 2HP!!!" threads. Run your stocks, and save some money for Christmas or donations
Down boy down. I probably should have mentioned that I'm driving an N52 325i with the restricted air intake, and air filter where swapping these items apparently give gains much more noticeable than 2HP. Please don't shit on my thread when I'm trying to do my research.

The problem with these enthusiast forums is actually that enthusiasts are unable to do the research or ask valid questions without getting shot down by members who are unable to provide useful advice rendering the entire thread useless.

And yes, I'm familiar with the claimed performance boost of the BMW Performance Intake. I am not familiar with the claimed performance boost of the BMW Performance Filter for the Stock Airbox.

If you have something useful to add, then please do. Otherwise keep on clicking.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
onephattai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

I do feel ~2HP though! . Seriously, if you want to see if there is any gain. Do a dyno before you installed the intake then do another one after.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
krnet2dboi
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnet2dboi View Post
Down boy down. I probably should have mentioned that I'm driving an N52 325i with the restricted air intake, and air filter where swapping these items apparently give gains much more noticeable than 2HP. Please don't shit on my thread when I'm trying to do my research.

The problem with these enthusiast forums is actually that enthusiasts are unable to do the research or ask valid questions without getting shot down by members who are unable to provide useful advice rendering the entire thread useless.

And yes, I'm familiar with the claimed performance boost of the BMW Performance Intake. I am not familiar with the claimed performance boost of the BMW Performance Filter for the Stock Airbox.

If you have something useful to add, then please do. Otherwise keep on clicking.
Go look up the difference between "BMW performance filter" vs "K&N" there "boy"
      02-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #7
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
I don't think there is a difference between the 330i intake and 325i, either way after I installed the BMW performance filter (I believe it is just a rebranded K&N) and carbon filter delete I couldn't really feel anything. If anything I noticed a slight improvement in throttle responsiveness but in terms of any extra power I doubt it. I would say it is not equal to a Euro intake or BMW PI in terms of power but wins the best bang for your buck award. I do kinda agree with Krnet though, you really cannot expect to get much (if any) gains out of an intake anyways, all you can do it improve sound and responsiveness.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #8
ZZZZ
Captain
Rep

Thanks Volasko, that's all I needed to know. Won't waste my time or money. Still have the 3-stage intake sitting in the garage, not sure if I'm going to bother bolting that up either just yet. May be better to just sell the car and buy something more enjoyable instead of dumping money into it to fix all the little issues it has.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 02:05 AM   #9
cheath27
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90

Thanks for taking the time to reply with something informative to say Volasko. It's a shame to see people jump down the throats of others so quick, they pick on you all day in school as a kid Krnet? o.O
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #10
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZZ View Post
Still have the 3-stage intake sitting in the garage, not sure if I'm going to bother bolting that up either just yet.
You want noticeable gains?!?! Bolt that sucker on right away!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #11
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

+1...the 3 stage definately changes the way the car behaves...feels soo much stronger.

My car is on the dyno as we speak. Getting a custom tune done with all the mods I have now (manifold, PI and PE)
Appreciate 0