E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > iDrive keeps freezing? Any possible fixes

05-29-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
CleanAudi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4

iDrive keeps freezing? Any possible fixes

Have a March 07 Build 335i Coupe.

iDrive with PDC. It seems that sometimes when I go into reverse, then quickly back into 1st gear, never hitting the accept button, the entire iDrive freezes up at the Accept screen. Taking the key out and putting it back in doesn't resolve the problem either. Is there a way to do a manual iDrive reset?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
xspeedy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

What happens if you rub your tummy as it is booting up? Please test and post back the results.

05-29-2007, 05:21 PM   #3
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Yes Press both Eject Buttons and the radio power button at the same time. iDrive will reset.

BUT

If this continues to happen head to your dealer. My car was less than a week old and was getting the entire CCU replaced. The Whole Brains of the GSP if you will. There is a known issue with some of the GPS Units hanging. the Fix is replacement.

Mine has been working like a champ since 100%