E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Help? Part Number Request or DIY Removal Instructions

05-29-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
lkraven
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Help? Part Number Request or DIY Removal Instructions

Hi guys,

I have a 335i E92 with no heated seats or rear sunshade. The area where that bank of buttons is normally placed is BLANK on my car. It's just a flat piece of panel trim.

Does anyone know how to remove this part from the car? It's the panel directly underneath the CD/DVD drive in the vehicle, and it's the piece where the heated seat buttons would be mounted if I had heated seats.

If anyone has a part number for this piece, I'd also be very appreciative.

Goal here for me is a custom mounted V1 + Blinder XTreme panel integrated into the car... I will post a DIY of the whole thing if I could figure out how to get the damn piece off. I'd also like to order a "spare" since I'm pretty much going to be doing a lot of work with a drill and dremel and if I have to abandon the project, I'd like to go back to looking like stock instead of having a trashed console.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 08:19 PM   #2
DHarold
Rep
Drives: 07 328i ZSP ZPP 6MT

You obviously haven't found www.realoem.com. It has part diagrams and part numbers for everything you neen. That switch panel has about a dozen versions depending on which options are installed. If you pick one and get a replacement, it might help you figure out how it is attached.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 09:17 PM   #3
DHarold
Rep

I apologize. I think your question stands. I can find any variation of the switches, but no sign of the panel they mount in, anywhere in realoem. Under the i-drive section (category 65-45), there is a panel shown that has blank and non-blank versions. I cannot find the equivalent for non-idrive. The section under heater controls shows the panel surround, but the part number is not listed.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 09:19 PM   #4
DHarold
Rep

It sounds like you have i-drive, if so the part number is probably 65836960473. See section 65-45.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2007, 12:28 AM   #5
lkraven
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Actually, here's the tricky part-- I did know about REALOEM, but what I should have mentioned is that I have a late 3/2007 model E92-- the one with the new quick-buttons. That means that the part listed on RealOEM actually won't fit...

I will go down to the dealership and see if their parts department can help me out.

Thanks for the help though, DHarold, it's much appreciated.
Appreciate 0