E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Eisenmann owners please chime in :)

01-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Eisenmann owners please chime in :)

Hey everyone,
I've been debating on getting the SR pipes lately and i've been wondering, what material is it made from? and how large is the piping? I heard that it was made from titanium and it is hard to weld to anything else. Are they any bigger than the stock piping itself?
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601619

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608932

I don't know about titanium but I'm sure it's stainless steel, 3inch piping and I had to weld my SR pipe with the eisenmann muffler, welds just like any other metal.

The pipes are pretty much 2ndary cat delete pipe and eisenmann resonator pipe. If you want a cheaper route, just weld off your stock 2dary cat, resonator and weld the sections, should get similar results.

A cone intake and eisenmann exhaust will be much louder than with a flat stock intake, I know cuz I've done them both.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko kai View Post
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601619

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608932

I don't know about titanium but I'm sure it's stainless steel, 3inch piping and I had to weld my SR pipe with the eisenmann muffler, welds just like any other metal.

The pipes are pretty much 2ndary cat delete pipe and eisenmann resonator pipe. If you want a cheaper route, just weld off your stock 2dary cat, resonator and weld the sections, should get similar results.

A cone intake and eisenmann exhaust will be much louder than with a flat stock intake, I know cuz I've done them both.
thank you i heard that the SR pipes get better sound quality and i have my pipes from cat back already at 3in. do you notice any horsepower gains ?
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep

You're all set to go then, HP feel for sure over stock, with gain I wish I knew really through a dyno. With your set up you should get good backfire noise. Post up when you have the set up done.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're all set to go then, HP feel for sure over stock, with gain I wish I knew really through a dyno. With your set up you should get good backfire noise. Post up when you have the set up done.
will do buddy thanks for the help, i'll be going through the 2ndary cat delete hopefully when my tax money comes back in ! But also, i get ALOT of backfire pops that are pretty loud with my current set up, would they get more crisp ?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep

Crisp most def, so right now you still have primary and 2ndary cat, resonator delete and stock muffler?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Crisp most def, so right now you still have primary and 2ndary cat, resonator delete and stock muffler?
Actually I have a hks hi power replica with a resonator delete. Both cats are still on my car I have 3 inch piping from the cats back. Sometimes I feel like the car is loud enough but now it feels as if it isn't loud enough unless it stays ice cold. Will it give me a louder pitch at high rpms? 4500 rpm to redline? The noise of the muffler seems to get overtaken by the motor at that range under WOT, I kinda want to hear the muffler more.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #8
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep

Yeah above 45k I like waking up people next to me that have sloppy driving.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 01:30 AM   #9
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah above 45k I like waking up people next to me that have sloppy driving.
Lol I want it for more power but the loudness is a plus because I drive the canyons alottttt and its definitely nice to have people hear your car so they know to watch out. Not to mention revving is a nicer way to alert people than honking and also I LOVE how race exhausts sound. They remind me of an f1 car screaming down a tunnel
Appreciate 0