E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Optimum No Rinse - Without Drying?

01-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Optimum No Rinse - Without Drying?

So it's wintertime up in Canada and I hate seeing my car dirty all the time so I thought of a quick wash routine before heading out in the morning.

1) Fillup bucket with hot water and ONR, put on some latex gloves

2) Quickly make one pass over the car with the ONR in about 15 mins and then just drive away and let the car air dry without using drrying towel.

Why? Because I can do a quick rouch pass over the car this way without needing to make sure it's 100% clean before drying. I can just clean it up roughly in 10-15 mins and be done with it.

I normally make one pass with one side of the mit and then a second pass with the second side of the mitt to make sure each panel is 100% clean, but this is because if it's not I will scratch it during the drying process. If I'm not drying I can quickly just go over half a panel one time with one side of the mitt and the other half of the panel with the other side of the mitt without going over the same area twice.

This would make it possible for me to wash the car in about 15 minutes vs. one hour and sicne I'm not running over the car with a drying towel it doesn't matter if it's 100% clean since I won't be scratching it anyway.

Will I get water spots?
Last I recall ONR is supposed to help prevent water spots and driving right after should help prevent some water spots too.
I don't think too much dirt should be left on the surface to stain it since whenever I used to go over with my drying towel it came out clean anyway so there's usually a clean dirt free surface left after using ONR just a bit of ONR and water.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Think you might get a bit of spotting where the water pools up, but at the same time if your surface has a good LSP on it the minimal surface tension may allow the remaining water to just fly off.

Something I am going to look into as well.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0