E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Hid angel eye kit requires coding?

12-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
bimmer03231984
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Hid angel eye kit requires coding?

Is it common to go into limp mode because of voltage? I installed angel eyes and hid kit and it went into limp mode and I can\'t go pass 20mph even if I uninstall it and return to the oem. I read on a forum where it says\"

Alright first off I will shed some light into this thread, for you to properly have the car running without coding and HID, you will need a nice HID kit. When I mean nice, it doesn\'t mean expensive. I have had friends that are running HID fog-lights on their car with no coding what-so-ever. So depending on the way your HID kit draws power, it will either trigger errors or be error-free. If the HID kit is flickering then you would possibly need an error canceler. If you know how to wire it together it should be easy as pie!

I have seen many people run depo headlights without coding successfully. However if you do get your car coded, it makes things MUCH more easier. Errors will be gone, and I am sure if the one doing the coding for you knows what he is doing, will be able to take care every problem related. Last but not least you won\'t need to run any expensive hid kits.\"

How do you get out of limp mode? Do I need to code or use a special tool to get out of limp mode?
Appreciate 0