BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-05-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Official: Confession of a con artist / car Salesman thread...

One day i went to Toyota to buy a car, and they offered me a job so i thought i tried it out, turns out, made so much money i stuck with it...I'm now a Finance Manager so i don't mind answering any questions you guys might have about dealerships...no question is too personal, but i will say this, i did not sleep with the 16 year old receptionist there...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club

Last edited by Spool; 12-05-2011 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
I'm now a Finance Manager so i don't mind answering any questions you guys might have about dealerships...no question is too personal, but i will say this, i did not sleep with the 16 year old receptionist there...
First question... why not?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
since you said you didn't that means you did.

second.. do you have pics?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

How do you live with yourself, taking advantage of the all uninformed buyers that walk in and then giving us internet buyers a hard time complaining we are taking all your profit away?

Last edited by M3Bahn; 12-05-2011 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
First question... why not?
against company policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by express705 View Post
since you said you didn't that means you did.

second.. do you have pics?
i don't have pics, but she is a pedophiler's dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
How do you live with yourself, taking advantage of the all uniformed buyers that walk in and then giving us internet buyers a hard time complaining we are taking all your profit away?

i live with myself by buying nice things to compensate for my lack of morals

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
ES_TRADER
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [10.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [8.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [10.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
what's the truth behind buying the Rust Proofing?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
Blayne
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Escalade

Quote:
One day i went to Toyota to buy a car, and they offered me a job so i thought i tried it out, turns out, made so much money i stuck with it...I'm now a Finance Manager so i don't mind answering any questions you guys might have about dealerships...no question is too personal, but i will say this, i did not sleep with the 16 year old receptionist there...
Well I dun know if Toyota dealerships are like this, but maybe. Why do you guys relate people looking rich to actually being rich, and then ppl looking poor to being poor. While never giving that poor looking person no respect because you don't think he's gunna buy a car. Everytime I go to a BMW or benz dealership in some Jordan sweats I don't get the time of day, even the receptionist will the look n quickly turn away. Then I'll go to the same place with the same sweats wearing some dimond rings and shit and everyone ones acting like I'm there long lost cousin, offing dounts and coffee. Then following me around with a big grin on there face. Like why do you guys operate like this? Even when I was about to buy a caddie the dude said something to me like " your not wasting me time now are you"....told this guy to beat it, obviously hes judging me, and he's the one selling me the avalanche with a crest on it. Fuckin tool. Shit pisses me off
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #8
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
Well I dun know if Toyota dealerships are like this, but maybe. Why do you guys relate people looking rich to actually being rich, and then ppl looking poor to being poor. While never giving that poor looking person no respect because you don't think he's gunna buy a car. Everytime I go to a BMW or benz dealership in some Jordan sweats I don't get the time of day, even the receptionist will the look n quickly turn away. Then I'll go to the same place with the same sweats wearing some dimond rings and shit and everyone ones acting like I'm there long lost cousin, offing dounts and coffee. Then following me around with a big grin on there face. Like why do you guys operate like this? Even when I was about to buy a caddie the dude said something to me like " your not wasting me time now are you"....told this guy to beat it, obviously hes judging me, and he's the one selling me the avalanche with a crest on it. Fuckin tool. Shit pisses me off
I have a better question... why is a grown man wearing diamond rings and shit? Oh yeah.. and perhaps if you are going to do business with someone it might help to be dressed like you are planning on doing business.. and not like you are going to take a nap on the couch..

Just a crazy thought...
      12-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #9
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpuer View Post
what's the truth behind buying the Rust Proofing?
you're talking about undercoating? then it's totally useless and what they charge you, is 5x what they actually pay the spanish guy to do it..

Quote:
Yup, we profile everyone..when you work there long enough you can almost tell who's gonna kick tires and who's gonna pay your bills. it's mathematics, but 1 out of every 100 person who looks homeless will actually buy a car and leave you in awe...other 99% of the time, they look poor, they are poor and just looking to waste your time...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #10
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

will a dealership ever truly sell a car in which they take a true loss?...or are there quarterly sales number bonuses and cash back deals the dealer doesnt tell you about?

What is the best way to shop for a new car?...print out invoice price and offer 500.00 more???
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #11
ES_TRADER
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [10.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [8.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [10.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
^^^i trust Truecar.com

whatever it says is below the national avg, ill pay.....to the OP, is that even accurate?

i know there are holdbacks and such...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #12
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

1) What are the biggest scams going?
2) What's the best way to get the lowest price on a new car?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 09:50 AM   #13
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
will a dealership ever truly sell a car in which they take a true loss?...or are there quarterly sales number bonuses and cash back deals the dealer doesnt tell you about?

What is the best way to shop for a new car?...print out invoice price and offer 500.00 more???

Best way to buy a new car is go on car forums and look for deals someone has already made with dealerships. Go around and ask other dealers to beat it or match it...take your time, don't commit to anything unless youre sure that is the best deal. Use USAA insurance to get lowest prices, UBS, and True car price.com...invoice prices, you guys are still getting raped...wait for good incentives like 0% APR, that saves you over 2 grand alone in interest in a 20K dollar car, that figure grows exponentially on a more expensive car.

beware when they advertise a car online, they are using all the rebates and incentives and take out the freight charge, when you come in, all that will add up to another 2 grand or so...

dealerships whenever they sell you a car, they making some money...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #14
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

random fact...chinese people and indians are the cheapest mother fuckers in the world...nobody at work wants to deal with them

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #15
Blayne
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Quote:
I have a better question... why is a grown man wearing diamond rings and shit? Oh yeah.. and perhaps if you are going to do business with someone it might help to be dressed like you are planning on doing business.. and not like you are going to take a nap on the couch..

Just a crazy thought...
First off, I'm buying a fucking car, I'm not going to a business meeting, in which I'm trying to make an impression. There Is also no business to be had, I know what the car costs. Do you call getting some free floor marts and a grand or 2 off mrsp business?

As for why I'm wearing "diamond and shit" I'm polish and we like our gold...problem?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #16
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

What's with the special clear coat they try to sell you when you buy a new car? When I bought my car, they pushed this "special" coating on me VERY hard, saying it will keep my car shiny forever, like $850, I said no, they almost didn't take no for an answer and seemed upset that I passed on it.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 09:59 AM   #17
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
What's with the special clear coat they try to sell you when you buy a new car? When I bought my car, they pushed this "special" coating on me VERY hard, saying it will keep my car shiny forever, like $850, I said no, they almost didn't take no for an answer and seemed upset that I passed on it.

paint sealing...it gives the car a shiny protective layer from acid rain, bird shit, hard water...they claim no need to wax...again, they pay the spanish guy 30-40 bucks to do a car...they inflate the shit out of the price they sell to you...and when people buy that, i get paid too

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #18
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
Quote:
random fact...chinese people and indians are the cheapest mother fuckers in the world...nobody at work wants to deal with them
worse than jews??
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #19
Blayne
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by express705 View Post
Quote:
worse than jews??
In going to have to say cheapest are indians, then jews and then Chinese. Though am waiting for OP answer on this.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #20
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

^^^ yep, true...they give us offers that are unreasonable...and then they don't buy....chinese and jews they'll lowball, and they grind, but end up buying, they dont fuck around, they know time = money

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #21
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
Quote:
In going to have to say cheapest are indians, then jews and then Chinese. Though am waiting for OP answer on this.
i thought italians were cheapest
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #22
chrisN
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: bmw 125i coupe

Garage List
2010 125i  [8.66]
this looks pretty funky. subscribed.