E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Make Dinan Ram Air Style intake box

11-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Freak Beast

Make Dinan Ram Air Style intake box

I know when the Dinan units first came out people tried to replicate the box or tap into the brake duct.

I have just installed an Injen and love it.

Figure it couldnt hurt to feed it even more air...why not??

I would like to pull air from the foglight/brake duct area and have the hose more or less dump the air in front of the Injen Cone.

Anyone made one, or been able to tap the brake duct with a refined alternative to the ungodly overpriced Dinan unit?

Thanks !
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep

Kind of like this, but maybe have a funnel in the grill area or down in the brake duct..

http://www.dinancars.com/shop/D760-9...ly.aspx#page=1
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
ksfrogman did this a long time ago i think... like 07? its not that hard to do, but you need to punch out one of those fake grills on your pre lci bumper

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #4
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

anyone have any pics of their ram air system INSTALLED?

SO... i take it you can have the RPI grill scoops AND the lower grill/brake duct ram air at the same time?

I was thinking of doing this when i get my M3 Rep bumper and just getting the funnel that fits the M3 models (or create my own), deleting fogs (or move them to the center grill), and routing the Ram air that way... in fact, getting some lightweight rubber hose and route a dual Ram air from the other side (fog light grill).
I have a friend that works with plastics and molding so i think putting a few $$ in his pocket could pretty much accomplish any custom part(s) i want. ^__^
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lync9763 View Post
anyone have any pics of their ram air system INSTALLED?

SO... i take it you can have the RPI grill scoops AND the lower grill/brake duct ram air at the same time?

I was thinking of doing this when i get my M3 Rep bumper and just getting the funnel that fits the M3 models (or create my own), deleting fogs (or move them to the center grill), and routing the Ram air that way... in fact, getting some lightweight rubber hose and route a dual Ram air from the other side (fog light grill).
I have a friend that works with plastics and molding so i think putting a few $$ in his pocket could pretty much accomplish any custom part(s) i want. ^__^

Yea you can do both at the same time. I have the Cyba scoops coming and wanted to route air into the intake area via the brake duct or fog light area. Let m know if you decide to get something made or fabbed up. I want to have a funnel somewhere down there to scoop air and dump it by the cone filter. Shouldn't be too hard. Might go wander around Home depot or something.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 11:05 PM   #6
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydever View Post
Yea you can do both at the same time. I have the Cyba scoops coming and wanted to route air into the intake area via the brake duct or fog light area. Let m know if you decide to get something made or fabbed up. I want to have a funnel somewhere down there to scoop air and dump it by the cone filter. Shouldn't be too hard. Might go wander around Home depot or something.
i'm sure that's where i'll start also... that or wander around the AC Delco warehouse
Appreciate 0