E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Understanding Gains... looking for DP's + Full Exhaust Dyno's on Stage 1 Agg Cobb

11-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
rbsileighty
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 E61 535ixT 6MT

Understanding Gains... looking for DP's + Full Exhaust Dyno's on Stage 1 Agg Cobb

As stated I'm looking at mods and their gain potential. I really like Cobb and have it on my car so if someone could post up dyno results of dp's + full exhaust I'd appreciate it as most of the graphs have stock exhaust behind the dp's (dynojet is what I have access to here in town so that would be great).

Thank you for your help!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsileighty View Post
As stated I'm looking at mods and their gain potential. I really like Cobb and have it on my car so if someone could post up dyno results of dp's + full exhaust I'd appreciate it as most of the graphs have stock exhaust behind the dp's (dynojet is what I have access to here in town so that would be great).

Thank you for your help!
a dp back wont give you much in terms of power. maybe 10 whp max? dps and ic are the most important parts to change in order to run more aggressive.
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
rbsileighty
Private
Rep

Interesting, what is it worth in terms of tq?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #4
Royal Flush
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsileighty View Post

Thank you for your help!
N54 Dyno Chart Compilation
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #5
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

You want gains?

PROcede V5 (pick your piggy) + Meth is the best bang for the buck. This alone will net you near 400 rwhp. Down the road add in DP's, FMIC, Exhaust.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #6
rbsileighty
Private
Rep

I'm trying to understand what the gains found by exhaust would be on their own with Cobb stg 1 aggressive. I had seen the dyno thread but from what I saw no one had exhaust behind their dp's but it sounds like that doesn't make a real difference anyway
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
thebigragu99
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135 tuorbbo

Terry from burger tested a set of 3 inch d.p's and gained almost 30whp!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
You want gains?

PROcede V5 (pick your piggy) + Meth is the best bang for the buck. This alone will net you near 400 rwhp. Down the road add in DP's, FMIC, Exhaust.
Truth here.

For the Cobb guys hopefully they release the race maps to take advantage of methanol. I'm not sure where they are on making it public as it needs some refinement.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #9
jdbretz
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 X5d, '12 M3 ZCP, '12 F30

On Cobb stage 1 you aren't going to get near as high of gain with the mods as you will with the Stage 2 or Stage 2+. Stage 1 is supposed to be designed for a stock car so its not going to take full advantage of the mods. Mods allow you to push the car further which in turn results in higher gains. I think DP's are the next best thing to a tune, followed by Meth. In its current form though, you will get minimal gains from Meth since Cobb isn't currently mapped to support it.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #10
JStang
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: FDB M3 CS

Bang for buck, exhaust is probably the worse mod in terms of gains for this car. Cobb doesn't even require it for their Stage 2 tune though it is recommended. At most I would think you will see around 10 hp gained but the sound is where the exhaust earns it's $.

Take a look here to get an idea of approximately what mods will net you what HP. I know this dyno was done using Procede but I think it will give you what you're looking for.

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/E...p-Dyno-Sheets/

Last edited by JStang; 11-18-2011 at 09:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #11
rbsileighty
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStang View Post
Bang for buck, exhaust is probably the worse mod in terms of gains for this car. Cobb doesn't even require it for their Stage 2 tune though it is recommended. At most I would think you will see around 10 hp gained but the sound is where the exhaust earns it's $.

Take a look here to get an idea of approximately what mods will net you what HP. I know this dyno was done using Procede but I think it will give you what you're looking for.

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/E...p-Dyno-Sheets/
That's very helpful thanks JStang! I would have expected a bit more from those dp's... but it looks like that car was already making quite a bit of power for basic bolt-on mods by that point anyway, definitely good gains none the less. I wonder what happened with the tq from 2.7k-3.2kish, looks like the dp's lost tq there which is odd... guess it could have just been a different roll-on by the dyno operator though

Appreciate 0