E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > small damage, need some insight

11-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
NightStalker
Rep
Drives: Audi

Exclamation small damage, need some insight

My fellow members!

Coming home early from class i was about to pull in my driveway...suddenly this red mazda decides its ok to cut through my right side as I'm making a right into my driveway.

her rear panel hit my tire/rim & my left passenger side bumper

her paint had gotten on my bumper but i managed to rub it of and i clayed most of it out....now what can i do to this remaining damage as you can see in the pics?

and i will get matching reflectors soon !

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
NightStalker
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Options:

1. Live with it.
2. Get it fixed.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
NightStalker
Rep

Well I just clayed it some more and polished it everything seems to blend in now mayb I'll get a nice buffer and work on some more the damage is barely visible
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
dday
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 335 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romiie View Post
Well I just clayed it some more and polished it everything seems to blend in now mayb I'll get a nice buffer and work on some more the damage is barely visible
Why isn't the other person's insurance covering the cost of fixing it? sounds like they tried to pass you on the right on a one lane road. They are at fault.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 07:49 PM   #6
sk8board511
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90-Bikes on bikes on bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dday View Post
Why isn't the other person's insurance covering the cost of fixing it? sounds like they tried to pass you on the right on a one lane road. They are at fault.
Thats more trouble than its worth
      11-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #7
KDSKDS
Rep
Drives: 320i executive sedan

Try Nu Finish Scratch doctor. Will help with smoothing the finish out. Don't use Nu polish though - it will show up any blemishes instead. Use Nu Polish only only good unblemished surfaces. Use Carnauba wax polish on blemished areas.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #8
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
OP I don't mean to vent on your thread but I never get the point of these types of threads. It always starts somebody hit my car ( and your case you seen who did it and know who it is) why not just make the other persons insurance fix up to standard instead of trying to fix it yourself.

Now on to your situation at hand. It looks like your going to need a reapaint or a good buff job. It's looks like it can be buffed out. Why bother buying a better buffer when you can make her insurance pay for everything to get it done right?

Last edited by lopealle; 11-21-2011 at 09:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 11:21 PM   #9
NightStalker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dday View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board511 View Post
Thats more trouble than its worth
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDSKDS View Post
Try Nu Finish Scratch doctor. Will help with smoothing the finish out. Don't use Nu polish though - it will show up any blemishes instead. Use Nu Polish only only good unblemished surfaces. Use Carnauba wax polish on blemished areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopealle View Post
OP I don't mean to vent on your thread but I never get the point of these types of threads. It always starts somebody hit my car ( and your case you seen who did it and know who it is) why not just make the other persons insurance fix up to standard instead of trying to fix it yourself.

Now on to your situation at hand. It looks like your going to need a reapaint or a good buff job. It's looks like it can be buffed out. Why bother buying a better buffer when you can make her insurance pay for everything to get it done right?
yeah guys my only point was for what kind of product to use....and reason why i didn't go through insurance was because her damage was bad considering my rim hit her rear panel and going through insurance for a small damage on my side wouldn't really make sense to spend time on

after working on it with my detail stuff its barely visible but then again only a small portion has a rough edge but not gliding your finger over it its not that bad when you feel it

also i will scratch doctor fill in the scratches(real small ones) although idid wax it saw a little bit of difference to it?
Appreciate 0