E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Avoided an idiot....

11-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
Vin_ZNT
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Coupe

Avoided an idiot....

Avoided an idiot driver... and drove my car on the sidewalk in about 40mph, 70-80kmph

The front rim is bent and everything, which is okay

Got new rims and drove, but the car sway to one side and the steering wheel shakes above 80kmph.

Drove back to the mechanic and he found a loose broken "linkage" near where the front suspension is that needs to be replaces, the part costs about 195$CDN

Do you guys have any idea what the "linkage" is? It's made of aluminum
Is it common that this "linkage" breaks after hitting, let's say, a pot hole really hard?

thanksss!!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
Wild Squid
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i coupe Msport AW

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean you avoided an idiot driver who came close to hitting your car and then you hopped a curb at 40mph with no regard whether you may hit a pedetrian? Who's the idiot driver?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
Hey Ant
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

He's probably referring to the end link which could cause your alignment problems.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
axis
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Squid View Post
Not sure what you mean. Do you mean you avoided an idiot driver who came close to hitting your car and then you hopped a curb at 40mph with no regard whether you may hit a pedetrian? Who's the idiot driver?
Or he could have been completely aware of his surroundings and saw the sidewalk was clear of anyone walking on it.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
dre_2ooo
Rep
Drives: '14 435i

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure he saw a crowd of people that he purposely endangered to save his precious car.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
It can be your tie rod, wish bone, or traction strut.

I doubt your sway is bent. I would have the guy check out your wheel bearing and the subframe mounts (not mounting to subframe to the car but the linkages to the subframe.)
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito
Portugal
Rep
Drives: Miss my E92 but love my E46 M3

Quote:
Wow jump to conclusions much? Geez.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #8
Wild Squid
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Or he could have been completely aware of his surroundings and saw the sidewalk was clear of anyone walking on it.
Right, because the first thing Driver's Ed taught us whenever someone comes too close to hitting your vehicle with theirs is to jump the sidewalk curb at 40mph.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #9
Wild Squid
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328xi0wner View Post
Wow jump to conclusions much? Geez.
Jump to conclusions? I'm sorry, I don't go around jumping curbs. You go around jumping curbs? How many curbs have you jumped? eh?? Hmm??

Anyways, I asked OP a question to verify my assumption that he drove his car up a sidewalk because some car came close to hitting his. I wonder if he would also drive his car into oncoming traffic from the other direction if given the chance.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #10
JRJ1970
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i F32

Shut the fuck up, wild squid; and let's learn something here.
      11-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #11
Quasimodem
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
You better inspect thoroughly and remove all pieces of pedestrian which might be interfering with normal suspension operation.
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #12
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
Lol guys....this thread has gone sour faster then usual

As a matter of fact, with the first post haha
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #13
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '15 F22 M235i

Mods coming soon
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 05:26 AM   #14
Wild Squid
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjinsa View Post
Shut the fuck up, wild squid; and let's learn something here.

Did something crawl up yours??
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 07:48 AM   #15
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Quote:
Jump to conclusions? I'm sorry, I don't go around jumping curbs. You go around jumping curbs? How many curbs have you jumped? eh?? Hmm??

Anyways, I asked OP a question to verify my assumption that he drove his car up a sidewalk because some car came close to hitting his. I wonder if he would also drive his car into oncoming traffic from the other direction if given the chance.
When your about to get into an accident you panic. You dont think about the consequences. You don't have time to. You do the first thing that comes to mind which for most people is to swerve or slam the brakes....heck some people panic so much they don't even move thier foot over and slam on the accelerator before impact.

I bet in the same situation, you would panic and do the same....

Its called an accident for a reason. And your going around ripping on the OP because he had less than a second to think about his actions? Do you think he would do that given there was no threat around?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 08:01 AM   #16
Bimmer100_
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 G80 M3 6SPD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
When your about to get into an accident you panic. You dont think about the consequences. You don't have time to. You do the first thing that comes to mind which for most people is to swerve or slam the brakes....heck some people panic so much they don't even move thier foot over and slam on the accelerator before impact.

Its called an accident for a reason. And your going around ripping on the OP because he had less than a second to think about his actions? Do you think he would do that given there was no threat around?
I understand where your coming from. But that's where experience comes in. You don't just swerve for the sake of swerving because your going to hit a car/a car is going to hit you. Be aware of your surroundings because it would have been a different story if he swerved straight into a pedestrian....
      11-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #17
Wild Squid
Banned
Rep

Quote:

I agree with you to an extent. I've panicked before myself when some big rig swerves into my lane on the highway. But I don't swerve all the way into another lane, I may swerve to the edge my of my own lane and start honking like mad to get the guy's attention that he's about to hit me. Also, if another driver has swerved into you so fast and your other side of car is a sidewalk, under no circumstances do you hop up on it. Sidewalks are for people to walk on. But, my issue was not even with this, it was with the OP calling the other driver an idiot, when he wasn't exactly a saint himself. I'm not ripping into the OP, I've asked what really happened and he has not responded. It's the other dipshits that may be either him with a different screen name or his buddies that are turning away from the focus of this thread. Just because we all drive BMW's doesn't mean we are a fraternity of drivers who don't make mistakes.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #18
Eric335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy_99 View Post
And if you hopped the curb, your going to need new control arms and bushings those are probably warped as fuck when u ran that kid over.
      11-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #19
Vin_ZNT
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Coupe

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here you go I made an image to explain to you because I am nice

- His street has a one way stop sign/yield but he didn't stop completely and kept going

- He stops completely when he finally saw me coming (and me pressing horn) when it was too late

- So I had to avoid him by turning left, hitting the sidewalk

- There were NObody anywhere on any of the sidewalks, but I wish Justin Bieber was there so I can "accidentally" run into him

- If I hadn't avoided him, I'd hit his driver's side of the vehicle right on, and will cause major injury to him and possibly me too

Over the weekend, we contacted each other back and he admitted it was his fault and paid nearly the full amount of damage done, and thanked me for avoiding him which led to my car being the only casualty instead.

P.S. I don't use forums often so I don't check everyday

Last edited by Vin_ZNT; 11-07-2011 at 09:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #20
reprod
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3 ZCP

Based on what you stated above you are in the clear and the guy is a good guy since he owned up to his faults and covered the damages.

I'm just happy there were no people injured in this "incident"
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #21
AndyDaBoss
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TiAg 08' E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [4.50]
Quote:
Quote:

I agree with you to an extent. I've panicked before myself when some big rig swerves into my lane on the highway. But I don't swerve all the way into another lane, I may swerve to the edge my of my own lane and start honking like mad to get the guy's attention that he's about to hit me. Also, if another driver has swerved into you so fast and your other side of car is a sidewalk, under no circumstances do you hop up on it. Sidewalks are for people to walk on. But, my issue was not even with this, it was with the OP calling the other driver an idiot, when he wasn't exactly a saint himself. I'm not ripping into the OP, I've asked what really happened and he has not responded. It's the other dipshits that may be either him with a different screen name or his buddies that are turning away from the focus of this thread. Just because we all drive BMW's doesn't mean we are a fraternity of drivers who don't make mistakes.
Just get off this thread you're not helping anyone here . Thanks for letting us know your experience but it's not needed and not everybody reacts the way you do k ? K

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #22
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Seems like you did the 'idiot' driver a massive favor by avoiding him/his car and plowing into the sidewalk instead.

I think you are getting railed on because you put your car or other drivers before the safety of pedestrians. In an accident no one has time to see if the sidewalk is clear.

Sounds like your susp. is pretty messed up, but the lesson here maybe is pedestrians before cars? People in cars are protected by a steel cage at least.
Appreciate 0