E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede settings: Catless DP's, Exhaust, Intake, 6MT.. Can you guys help me out?

11-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
Pure745
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe/745i

Procede settings: Catless DP's, Exhaust, Intake, 6MT.. Can you guys help me out?

Right now I have the V4 on autotune installed straight out of the box with no mods to the Procede settings whatsoever.

Can you guys tell me how to set it up? I just got AR DP's, exhaust and intake right now and was going to do the V5 update to it this weekend.

I want to turn autotune off and run some of the settings you guys have been manually entering.

Some of the things I notice now are:

-Partial throttle city driving, I feel like sometimes the ECU freaks out and goes on and off boost really weird, like the car starts jerking in 1st gear.

-Once the car is autotuned and I press the stalk up to Map 2, the car is MUCH faster and more responsive especially at low RPM's.. then it feels like the car de-tunes back down where it is less responsive.

Also, I know there is a setting that you can adjust the "smoothness" of the power deliver or something to that effect.

Can some of you experts help me out? I'm about to hook the Procede up to my laptop for the first time and try to adjust the settings.
      11-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
jdbretz
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 X5d, '12 M3 ZCP, '12 F30

Do you know what firmware or maps you have on it right now? If you plan on updating to V5, what maps are you going to use?

EDIT: Why would you not want to use autotuning if available? V5 IMO is substantially different (better) than V4 was
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
blacknbean
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

you can try turning the boost response down to reduce some of the jerkyness.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #4
Pure745
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbretz View Post
Do you know what firmware or maps you have on it right now? If you plan on updating to V5, what maps are you going to use?

EDIT: Why would you not want to use autotuning if available? V5 IMO is substantially different (better) than V4 was
I because when I switch to Map 2 it is much more responsive than once the autotune corrects it. I've seen others on here manually set their preferences, but I just don't know how or enough about the Procede to do it.

I think I have one of the first V4's that had autotuning, I got it as part of that group buy a year or so ago. I've also heard V5 was better.
      11-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #5
Pure745
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknbean View Post
you can try turning the boost response down to reduce some of the jerkyness.
How do I do that, and what setting do you recommend?
      11-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
jdbretz
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 X5d, '12 M3 ZCP, '12 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure745 View Post
I because when I switch to Map 2 it is much more responsive than once the autotune corrects it. I've seen others on here manually set their preferences, but I just don't know how or enough about the Procede to do it.

I think I have one of the first V4's that had autotuning, I got it as part of that group buy a year or so ago. I've also heard V5 was better.
If I were you I would upload the 7-29 maps and leave the settings default. Let autotuning do its things and you should be good. Map 2 may feel better at first, but then autotuning may throttle it back some because you don't have the mods to support it. Get a FMIC or Meth then you can run the car more aggressively. If you feel like the Procede is reducing the boost then you should be thankful because it is doing so for the safety and longevity of your car. If you plan on manually running certain settings, you need to know how to datalog and read the logs to ensure you aren't running the car too aggressively for your mods/gas available.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
blacknbean
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure745 View Post
How do I do that, and what setting do you recommend?
read the manual for how to change http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464460

id start around 80 or less and go from there.
Appreciate 0