E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > pieces of rubber in my oil pan, clogged my oil engine blown!

11-02-2011, 03:17 AM   #1
kts19
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i sedan

pieces of rubber in my oil pan, clogged my oil engine blown!

hey everyone i was wondering if anyone has had this problem with their 07 335i engine. SO i ill give you guys a short version of what happen. basically my oil pan had pieces of rubber debris stuck in which which clog the oil from circulating back into my engine and which burnt my crank shafts which blew my engine. i had a warranted company called easy care which i thought was going to fix my car. which they wont because they dont know how it got in there. so i need to prove that it was due to engine design or something. has anyone had a similar problem. i spoke to a bmw tech and they sad that they remember hearing something about this happening. can someone please tell me if you know so that i can build a case and not pay 14k to replace my engine through my own pockets. thanks alot!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Rubber seals in VANOS? Are you sure it's rubber and not sludge/varnish?
Appreciate 0