E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Cd changer - dealer lying?

10-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
moar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i

Cd changer - dealer lying?

Im very confused here ..

Fact are as follows:

I have an E90 2007 pre lci european 330i.

I have no cd changer.

I have the cd changer prep cable ( its green )

There is no light coming from the prep cable

I want to plug in my bmw ipod interface into thhis cd changer cable so I can use my ipod up on the idrive.

Here is the confusion, my dealer says he can activate the cd changer cable with some coding, take 1-2 hours for £130....he says you only need to do coding, no fiddling around with the most block. He says the cd changer is in the loom, it just has a reflector on it to send the signal back, whatever that means...is he lying so he can get the car in and then get more money from me because it takes longer?

Reading on here, you have to fiddle with the MOST block to include the CD cd changer in the loom then have the car coded..

I have concluded that BMWs retrofit cd changer instructions are wrong on here when it comes to wiring up the most block, everyone who has followed it has messed up their ULF and gotten SOS messages etc.

So here is the question:

IS it just a case of coding the cd changer ?
Is it coding and fiddling with the most block?

I have access to SSS and also Autologic...

What the hell shall I do...all I want to do is plug in the iPod interface into the cd changer loom, can't go to headunit as I don't have the other cable or the 4 socket housing..
Appreciate 0