Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Explain TPMS sensors...

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
montrealm3
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

Explain TPMS sensors...

I didn't get my car yet so how do the tpms sensors work? Are the sensors for all 335's or is there something special I would have needed to order to use them (sport pack or something else)?

I plan on ordering new aftermarket wheels and they are asking if I want them on the wheels. I don't want to pay for nothing if I can't use them.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
gary328xi
JetInsp
Rep
Drives: 07 328 XI & 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealm3 View Post
I didn't get my car yet so how do the tpms sensors work? Are the sensors for all 335's or is there something special I would have needed to order to use them (sport pack or something else)?

I plan on ordering new aftermarket wheels and they are asking if I want them on the wheels. I don't want to pay for nothing if I can't use them.

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by douger
Allan, do you have in wheel TPMS sensors or does your car use the rotational method? Do the stock BMW center caps fit those wheels? Oh, and your wheels look awsome!

I don't have the TPMS sensors. As I was told by my dealership and another member here, TPMS was only added to cars (except E92) produced on or after Mar 2007. Mine has a production date of Nov/2006. Or, if your valve stem is metal then you have TPMS. I reset my tire monitor though after the wheels/tires were swapped.

From another thread hope this helps...
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
montrealm3
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

My car is mar/april build.. on a ship now..

Canadian...
Appreciate 0