E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > Omaha/Lincoln Dealer

10-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
Stein67
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i

Omaha/Lincoln Dealer

As I bought my CPO 08 E90 335i two weeks ago out of state, I don't have a "selling" dealership locally, so no ties. I work in Lincoln but never really heard anything good about Husker other than they were under new ownership in the last couple of years and "things are better". I've never been to Markel either. As I only have 27K on it and still factory warranty to 4/12 and CPO to 4/14 I'm essentially shopping for a dealer for service and warranty repairs. I plan to DIY what I can after the 4/50 is up.

Opinions on either, good or bad?

Do both offer loaners for covered service or warranty repairs?

Do both offer pickup/delivery service for service or repair?

I really need to just stop by before I need service and see for myself, but any insight would be helpful.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 12:58 AM   #2
06325sportsedan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 325i sedan sport package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein67 View Post
As I bought my CPO 08 E90 335i two weeks ago out of state, I don't have a "selling" dealership locally, so no ties. I work in Lincoln but never really heard anything good about Husker other than they were under new ownership in the last couple of years and "things are better". I've never been to Markel either. As I only have 27K on it and still factory warranty to 4/12 and CPO to 4/14 I'm essentially shopping for a dealer for service and warranty repairs. I plan to DIY what I can after the 4/50 is up.

Opinions on either, good or bad?

Do both offer loaners for covered service or warranty repairs?

Do both offer pickup/delivery service for service or repair?

I really need to just stop by before I need service and see for myself, but any insight would be helpful.
id rather not bash on either dealer but ive heard nothing but bad things about markel.everyone i know with bmws refuses to deal with them. i had to go get an extra key made and pick up some filters for my car and their parts department didnt make it a very good exprience. apparently u have to be dressed in a suit and look important for their ppl to treat u right. i myself am a diy guy and also a mechanic by trade. i had a few questions about the brake system and what they recomend to do on the car for their service department and they basicaly told me to f off. they wouldnt even give me any helpful hints but theyd be glad to look at it asap i have zero good things to say about markel. havnt had the pleasure of dealing with husker bmw yet but i will be using them from now on regaurdless
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
V8Killer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i 6MT

I bought mine from markel. Nothing but shitty service I now get all service done at Husker they even pick my car up from my house drop the loaner and return it for me and I live in Omaha, they've been great no issues ever...will be buying my next BMW from them when it's time.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
Stein67
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i

Well, at least based on those two reviews I'm lucky that I work in Lincoln. I live north of town in the country so Husker is actually on my way home.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
TWamp
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Coupe 6MT

Garage List
I live in Omaha and bought my 2009 135i from Markel. Though everyone was friendly enough in the service department, they could never seem to get anything fixed the first time around. My car was in the shop three times for a leaking headlight washer before it was fixed. Of my many trips to service (3 replaced HPFPs), the average length to repair was three days.

Markel also won't give you a service loaner unless you buy from them, although I think this "rule" applies only to customers who have bought from local competition (e.g. Husker) rather than someone new to the area.

I bought my 335i from Husker after Markel refused to budge on the price and will be getting my service from Husker in Lincoln.
Appreciate 0