E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > I've been neutered. N54 Programming recall

10-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
BeamerDr3am3r
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Black 335i Coupe

I've been neutered. N54 Programming recall

Here's what happened

About a month ago, I installed the JB+ dialed to the max. Everything was fine and dandy. A cold weather front comes in on Wednesday, my 07 e92 starts sputtering on cold starts. I take it in to the repair shop, they tell me its the HPFP. My repair guy recommends I take it to the dealership. I take it in the same day and as expected, the fuel pump needs to be replaced under warranty.

The service guy also says there's a software programming update to go along with the new fuel pump. Keep in mind I still have the JB+ installed. Totally forgot about it until the next day when I get a call saying my car is ready for pick up. He does not mention any problems with the programming update or fuel pump install over the phone.

Here's when I got nervous. I get to the dealership and the lady at the front desk calls to have my car brought around. While on the phone, she looks at me and says the mechanic wants to speak with me. Fark me. He asks me what the module is connected to my charge pipe. (The darn thing says JB+ on it)

He tells me that the software update was working fine yesterday, but when they cranked it this morning it threw a whole bunch of codes. When he asked me what it was, I acted innocent and said I had no clue, fearing it would void the warranty! (Bought the car pre-owned). So he removes the jb+ module and everything runs fine. Didn't have to pay a penny (whew!).

Now with the software update, my car doesn't feel as aggressive as before. Even without the jb+, it doesn't feel as slutty with the torque as I remember.

I did notice an update to my radio. It now shows station and song info on the display.

Could the combination of cold weather and the JB+ caused the fuel pump to go bad?

Has anyone else noticed this neutered feeling? Does anyone know what this swupdate is for?

Here's the update info:
HPFP:
13-57-7-616-446 Exchange High-pressure pump: 135019
13-53-7-582-770 ASA-BOLT: 139500
13-53-7-614-317 ENS FOR LOW PRESSURE: 13640
FC:013930100

Programming:
N54 Programming HDP, B13 09 10
FC:001207300
programmed vehicle including cas with ISTA-P v 43.2.2.0

Here's a pic. Since this pic I've added 5mm spacers on the back.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
Turkeybaster115
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335I

Enjoy your car. Its lazier in D mode with the software update, but that is it (automatics). It has no effect on JB+. With the new software, you will throw code 30FF, with the JB+ on any setting. Just do a solenoid bypass, to solve this issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

slightly OT but sell that Jb+ junk and buy the full JB4, it's not only safer but also will allow u to read codes in the event of anything ever happening
      10-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
slightly OT but sell that Jb+ junk and buy the full JB4, it's not only safer but also will allow u to read codes in the event of anything ever happening

Just upgrade. The car already knocks on the stock tune. Adding more boost doesn't help. Running the JB4 will give you the ability to log and add power more safely.
Appreciate 0