ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #1
BimmerJon
Private
Rep
Drives: 328ci

my fellow (future) coupe owners

Whats the long term report on the car so far? Im still buzzing about getting my order in on my car and an't get my mind off it. I wont be disappointed right? Any general gripes about the car or trips and tricks to help pass the time?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Well did you go M version or 2.5/3.0?

For the M get the 1200 mi service done as soon as possible. After that it's smooth sailing. I'm at 6700 miles and 6 months without issues.

Artz could give you a more long term summery since he's probably at a 100,000 by now
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #3
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupé & '16 435xi GCoupé

BimmerJon, if you can't get your mind off the car that means it's too late. Put in your order now for a timely delivery. No need to fight the urge either... I tried but miserably failed. It was the best failure I had in my life, though.

I've got 5700mi on my beast already (5 months new) and the engine's running quite smoothly. Aside from the typical QA issues that I had to have the stealer sort out (I finally accepted the fact that reliability isn't as high up there as the Japanese makes), there's not a whole lot to complain about. The Z4 is a proper sportscar that doesn't seduce you with useless bells and whistles like some other cars do. It just tells you to "come in, drive me as hard as you like, and I'll take care of the rest." At least that's what my Zed tells me every time I look at her... or maybe that's just my schizophrenia.

"Less is more" is a term that's both good and bad but applies well to the Zed IMO.

**edit** Oops, I guess you mentioned that you already put in your order. Congrats!
The only 2 major things I consider rubbish are the cupholders and the poor remote reception.
      05-04-2007, 05:21 PM   #4
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hunter View Post
BimmerJon, if you can't get your mind off the car that means it's too late. Put in your order now for a timely delivery. No need to fight the urge either... I tried but miserably failed. It was the best failure I had in my life, though.

I've got 5700mi on my beast already (5 months new) and the engine's running quite smoothly. Aside from the typical QA issues that I had to have the stealer sort out (I finally accepted the fact that reliability isn't as high up there as the Japanese makes), there's not a whole lot to complain about. The Z4 is a proper sportscar that doesn't seduce you with useless bells and whistles like some other cars do. It just tells you to "come in, drive me as hard as you like, and I'll take care of the rest." At least that's what my Zed tells me every time I look at her... or maybe that's just my schizophrenia.

"Less is more" is a term that's both good and bad but applies well to the Zed IMO.

**edit** Oops, I guess you mentioned that you already put in your order. Congrats!
The only 2 major things I consider rubbish are the cupholders and the poor remote reception.
Agreed. The first time I popped out the passenger cup holder the damn thing shot right off. If I were you I'd invest in the dang clear bra too
Appreciate 0