E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Is this vender screwing me? Need your input!

05-01-2007, 10:22 PM   #1
1clean335i
Perf BMW mag issue 147, 159
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Project Estoril

Garage List
Is this vender screwing me? Need your input!

Ok so I bought some 8000k D1S bulbs for my car. They were shipped USPS so the tracking number was pretty much useless. But I still recieved them in 3 days, just didnt know when exactly they would arrive but nevermind that....

I go to install the bulbs. They both work. Appear to be normal. So i drive around the rest of the weekend pimpin new new xenon bulbs. I started to notice when I pull up behind cars at traffic lights that one bulb looks brighter than the other... Thought maybe it was just the angle of the other vehicle or something. So I compare it to a flat wall (my garage). Something was definately different between the 2 bulbs. So monday afternoon after work I pull my car into the shop to take the right front fender liner out to see if maybe I put the bulb in wrong. I look at the bulb and it was cloudly in the middle bubble part. Saw a few yellow looking spots inside the bulb. So I just put it all back together to drive home and pm the seller about the issue.

Seller requested pics, so sure enough I took pics. Then was trying to tell me to aim the headlights. I was like aiming the headlights wont change the light output. It would only raise/lower the whole projector and just move that light output up or down. So I was told I would get an address to send the bulb to in order to get a new one. This was last night. I checked my pm's after work today 6pm. No new pm's. So I ask for the address again.

He now wanted me to take both the bulbs back out and swap them left and right to make sure it wasnt an issue with the projector. So I pull both the fender liners out "again" and swap bulbs. Sure enough the problem went to the other side. Took some pics, sent it to the seller complaining of all this crap I gotta go through with some bulbs that are not even half a week old...

So now I gotta do it all again and pay the shipping to send out both bulbs to get a new pair. Which means I gotta pull them out, put the OEM ones back in, then wait for the new pair to come and do it once more..... Is it me or is this ironic????
      05-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Where did you buy it from...sucks to hear that, it is a bitch to swap the bulbs on this car...it was so easy on the E46...

get a number and call them, sometimes people are too busy to answer PM.

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
1clean335i
Vietnam
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Where did you buy it from...sucks to hear that, it is a bitch to swap the bulbs on this car...it was so easy on the E46...

get a number and call them, sometimes people are too busy to answer PM.
its not really an issue getting in contact with the seller... i get my reponses pretty fast....

its mostly the hassle or taking these damn bulbs out 50 million times and even having to switch back to oem for a week or so to send out the bad ones and wait for another pair to come... some people dont have that kind of time to be fooling around and getting dirty. the fender liners have been off 3 times... they'll have to come off 2 more times now just to get a decent pair of bulbs that work (hopefully)
      05-01-2007, 10:39 PM   #4
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1clean335i View Post
Ok so I bought some 8000k D1S bulbs for my car. They were shipped USPS so the tracking number was pretty much useless.
8000k? I'd say the bulbs themselves are more useless than the tracking number. Waitasec, you said you were "pimpin" now that you have these modern marvels.. so apparently seeing where you're going isn't the priority here.

Why do kids continue to buy this low-quality crap with inferior lighting capabilities? Boggles the mind. Google "Daniel Stern Lighting" for some good lessons in automotive lighting.
      05-01-2007, 10:44 PM   #5
1clean335i
Vietnam
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
8000k? I'd say the bulbs themselves are more useless than the tracking number. Waitasec, you said you were "pimpin" now that you have these modern marvels.. so apparently seeing where you're going isn't the priority here.

Why do kids continue to buy this low-quality crap with inferior lighting capabilities? Boggles the mind. Google "Daniel Stern Lighting" for some good lessons in automotive lighting.
Thats a great response if I wanted to know the difference in output between 4300k and 8000k. I already know 4300k will shine 10x better than 6000k, 8000k, 10000k, 12000k etc. I know the higher the kelvin the lower the light output. My thread isnt about that......
      05-01-2007, 10:56 PM   #6
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep
Drives: '99 M3 Vert, '95 M3 Coupe, 964

Sounds like he is just giving you the run around. He should ship you out the replacement bulbs without hesitation, especially after you tested them that much to make sure it was the bulb that was the problem and not something else. Who was this vendor, was it an ebay vendor?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 11:06 PM   #7
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

this is why for stuff like that, I buy it from my local performance guy. Easier to deal with if you have issues. Anything electrical I try not to buy off ebay or online.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 11:19 PM   #8
E90330iS
Major General
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Sucks hope u got new replacement bulbs from him soon!
      05-02-2007, 06:28 AM   #9
1clean335i
Vietnam
Rep

Garage List
I got the bulbs from a vendor on this site... If you look in the sponsored classifieds you should be able to tell who it is that I am dealing with... I'd rather not name any names.... He just started up another group buy for the same bulbs...
      05-03-2007, 01:25 AM   #10
s169691
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

in my opinion....you should sent the bulbs back to seller first...there's no such good seller sent you a new one without got the broken one! it's reasonable! or get the full refund from the seller.

For Don************: if you sold a exhaust, and there're some problem with it. will you sent a new one without get the bad one! come on!!!! that's be honestly!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #11
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Vendor is doing everything to help you but you refuse to send the defective bulb back to them......They're not screwing you at all, you're not being reasonable.

best thing for you to do right now is talk to the vendor and offer to put a deposit for a new bulb, once he send you the new bulb for replacement...send the defect one back and he'll refund the deposit

this will work best for both of you.....sometimes you have to be in the seller's shoes
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #12
taichimaster
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by s169691 View Post
in my opinion....you should sent the bulbs back to seller first...there's no such good seller sent you a new one without got the broken one! it's reasonable! or get the full refund from the seller.

For Don************: if you sold a exhaust, and there're some problem with it. will you sent a new one without get the bad one! come on!!!! that's be honestly!
When I had a problem with one of the LUX2 units, mds82 sent me a replacement RIGHT AWAY without asking me to send the defective one back first. That's customer service!
Mods: V-Kool Tint | Hartge Front Lip | Blacklines | M-Sport Steering Wheel | 19" Linea Corse Z2S | KW Variant 2 | OEM Aluminum pedals | OEM Short Shift Knob | Rear Foglights Mod | Happy Robot Mod | Valentine 1 (hard-wired) | Zeckhausen CDV | LUX 2.0 | GruppeM Replica Intake | Remus PowerSound 2x76mm
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #13
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep
Drives: '99 M3 Vert, '95 M3 Coupe, 964

Quote:
Originally Posted by s169691 View Post

Depends on our souce, but we do the best we can. I had a new CSL wheel sent out to one of my customers so he can swap his tires onto it and then send back his defective wheel. Allowing him no downtime on his car since he didn't have another set of wheels or a spare to run on. I guess if that isn't customer service then I don't know what is! haha.
Appreciate 0