E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > pink stuff on the hood of my car

09-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
MangoConChile
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335is

pink stuff on the hood of my car

i washed my car myself for the first time(for tired of paying $30 each time). once i was done, i had planned to use dodo tropical spray wax on the car but had apparently the sprayer broke. after spending some time trying to repair the sprayer near my car, i gave up and went to osh to buy an empty sprayer bottle. once i got back and was ready to apply i noticed some pink/red spots on the hood of my car. it almost looks like candy or something, or it could be some spray wax that spilled/leaked earlier when i was playing with the bottle. it looks like something spilled but i cannot for the life of me get it off the car. anyone know what it could be? ill try and take a picture tomorrow, but I'm a little worried as usually i can clean stuff off the car like this. i tried for a good 10-15 minutes and nothing.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
e92LuNaTiC
Major
Mexico
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue e92

Try using a clay bar bro, I think I may have some left. If I do I'll let you know and we'll try claying it off unless any others can pitch in with some suggestions.
      09-26-2011, 12:44 AM   #3
MangoConChile
Private First Class
Rep

sounds good man, you going to any meets soon? if ur around let me know your availability since we're close

thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #4
Royal Flush
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Were you playing with the bottle right over or near your car? If so, it's a good possibility that's what it is. If you didn't notice it spilled and you didn't wipe it of, that might've caused the issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #5
mosx
The mod bug has bitten.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
If you can't get it off with just a microfiber towel and some soap use the clay bar. It'll get it. If you're planning on detailing your car on your own it's a good thing to have anyway.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
MangoConChile
Private First Class
Rep

Probably gonna drive down to chemicalguys in inglewood to see what they recommend. If anyone has any other suggestions it would help
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #7
e92LuNaTiC
Major
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoConChile View Post
Probably gonna drive down to chemicalguys in inglewood to see what they recommend. If anyone has any other suggestions it would help
Hey bro, I'll be at the 562 Meet on Oct 4th. Also, if you plan on going to Chemical Guys let me know before hand. My buddies work there, I'll tell them to hook you up. That's where I get all of my detailing supplies from Just send me a PM letting me know what day and time your going to go so I can tell them bro. If you don't want to make the trip to CG hold off a bit till 562 and I'll hook it up there. LMK
      09-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #8
Royal Flush
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92LuNaTiC View Post
Hey bro, I'll be at the 562 Meet on Oct 4th. Also, if you plan on going to Chemical Guys let me know before hand. My buddies work there, I'll tell them to hook you up. That's where I get all of my detailing supplies from Just send me a PM letting me know what day and time your going to go so I can tell them bro. If you don't want to make the trip to CG hold off a bit till 562 and I'll hook it up there. LMK
Can your friend hook it up for someone on the east coast?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #9
e92LuNaTiC
Major
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Flush View Post
Can your friend hook it up for someone on the east coast?
Um? I would have to ask, typically have always bought everything at the shop. From my understanding he doesn't have control over shipped orders, but I'll find out
      09-26-2011, 05:30 PM   #10
MangoConChile
Private First Class
Rep

Hey I'm probably going tomorrow after work. Probably be there around 530 if that helps. Which is your friend? Last time I went there there was a white boy who kept talkin on and on abou spray wax. Maybe that's him? Haha
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 05:30 PM   #11
Royal Flush
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Um? I would have to ask, typically have always bought everything at the shop. From my understanding he doesn't have control over shipped orders, but I'll find out
That'd be soooooooo sick and I would stock up on everything in gallons.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #12
e92LuNaTiC
Major
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Hey I'm probably going tomorrow after work. Probably be there around 530 if that helps. Which is your friend? Last time I went there there was a white boy who kept talkin on and on abou spray wax. Maybe that's him? Haha
LoL! No don't think that was him. He's latino wish spiky hair, really talkative, goes by Jay. I'll call him right now and tell him your going to head over there tomorrow around that time.
      09-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #13
e92LuNaTiC
Major
Mexico
Rep

Just called, he's off today. I'll call tomorrow and see if he's there if not I'll tell Franco to hook it up We'll figure something out
      09-27-2011, 12:45 AM   #14
MangoConChile
Private First Class
Rep

thanks man, ill be down there around 530ish. i actually got impatient and bought some meguires clay bars at auto zone but they didn't work lol oh well
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 09:28 AM   #15
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Quote:
Just called, he's off today. I'll call tomorrow and see if he's there if not I'll tell Franco to hook it up We'll figure something out
Hey do me a favor and ask your firend to tell someone they should stock most of their line or least be able to get it at their other showrooms. The SD one is best for me and their selection of stuff sucks, they don't even have gallons of MaxiSuds there and said they can't get it.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #16
e92LuNaTiC
Major
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Hey do me a favor and ask your firend to tell someone they should stock most of their line or least be able to get it at their other showrooms. The SD one is best for me and their selection of stuff sucks, they don't even have gallons of MaxiSuds there and said they can't get it.
Crap really? SUCKS! Yea I'll run it by him, most definitely! At CG it's always best to get a gallon of the stuff because it's always normally a few bucks more unless were talking about a gallon of JetSeal 109! $300 somethin' dollas!
      09-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #17
e92LuNaTiC
Major
Mexico
Rep

Just talked to Jay, asked em' if he's going to be around till around 5:30 today and his response was "Fuuuuuck Yeaaa" He said if your running a little late by any chance he'll hold up some and wait for you.

As far as the SD location, he said he'd get the word over to El Jefe
      09-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #18
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep

Thanks as I called last week when I was in the area, needed gallons of MaxiSuds, Barebones and Micro cleaner, 16 oz of Stripper scent and Grime Reaper and all he had was the Stripper Scent and the Micro cleaner and told me he could not even get the Maxi Suds and Barebones in gallons (I told him I'd be back in the area 3 days later). The Maxi Suds is so cheap right now in gallons I ordered it and paid the shipping to OC. I never ever ever go to Bako so I don't know about that one.
I always buy gallons of the stuff I use constantly only way to go.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #19
e92LuNaTiC
Major
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Thanks as I called last week when I was in the area, needed gallons of MaxiSuds, Barebones and Micro cleaner, 16 oz of Stripper scent and Grime Reaper and all he had was the Stripper Scent and the Micro cleaner and told me he could not even get the Maxi Suds and Barebones in gallons (I told him I'd be back in the area 3 days later). The Maxi Suds is so cheap right now in gallons I ordered it and paid the shipping to OC. I never ever ever go to Bako so I don't know about that one.
I always buy gallons of the stuff I use constantly only way to go.

Dude your in Orange County? Just take a 45 minute trip to Inglewood! Their main warehouse is by Hollywood Park! It's not the best of area's but damn it's a detailing wonderland there! They have absolutely EVERYTHING you need, in 16oz, gallons, and boxes! You can get the address from their website!
      09-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #20
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep

South OC and the drive (I have been there a couple of times) is longer then the SD one time wise. Besides I'm in SD area at least once every two weeks hence the reason it's better for me. Too bad they don't have everything, Wayne in SD does seem like a nice enough guy though.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #21
MangoConChile
Private First Class
Rep

well i came back and they told me its underneath the paint so its unremoveable. great. now i don't know if the issue is with the shop that did the bodywork on my car recently(i believe they repainted the FR fender, but didn't touch the hood) or BMW. any suggestions here? i might take this to the general forums as well. one thing the dude mentioned was there is absolutely no way i could have caused it as there is no surface damage at all on the hood itself.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #22
e92LuNaTiC
Major
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
well i came back and they told me its underneath the paint so its unremoveable. great. now i don't know if the issue is with the shop that did the bodywork on my car recently(i believe they repainted the FR fender, but didn't touch the hood) or BMW. any suggestions here? i might take this to the general forums as well. one thing the dude mentioned was there is absolutely no way i could have caused it as there is no surface damage at all on the hood itself.
Sounds like something the body shop may have/could have caused. If there isn't any type of surface scratches/damage it must have gotten a fresh clear coat at the body shop. Give em' a call bro, definitely not right.