E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Leatherique Prestine Clean as a Stand Alone = A+

09-23-2011, 01:21 AM   #1
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Leatherique Prestine Clean as a Stand Alone = A+

I remember always wondering how Leatherique's prestine clean would work as a stand alone product without the rejuv oil, but couldn't find too many posts on it. So I decided to throw up a quick post about it. I never took any before pictures because I wasn't even thinking about making a post or anything so after pictures will be pretty useless since they won't show the difference.

THE REVIEW:
I have a JADE GREY interior which almost looks white and after working on my car so much and transporting so many parts in the car I decided it was time to give it a clean up. Most of the seats looked good, but I could see some dirt on the drivers seat and it was looking a bit shiny and definitely not the same colour as the rest of the interior... it had taken on a darker shade, didn't look like it would go back to the original colour.

I decided to use a leather brush from detailedimage and some Prestine Clean as a stand alone since I couldn't go through the hassle of the Rejuv Oil. Let me tell you that I am SURPRISED by the amount of dirt that was coming out of the seats... ALL of my seats look a totalllly different colour now and have a VERY NICE matte finish just like you would expect from brand new leather seats. The leather looks and feels brand new... and there is no greasy or oily spots AT ALL and all the seams and cracks cleaned up very nice with the brush. My interior looks as good as new...without the need for the rejuv oil.

METHOD:
I put the Prestine Clean into a spray bottle and sprayed it onto the leather, then I agitated with a brush and just wiped off with a damp towel... the towel was CLEARLY picking up a lot of gunk and the seats turned out VERY VERY NICE.... highlllllyyy recommend this product.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S

Last edited by Dr. G; 09-23-2011 at 02:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 02:55 AM   #2
Envious Eric
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: nissan xterra, 335 soon

I just use it monthly on my clients cars...leather is clean and like new! (especially the ones I have maintained since new!)
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
SteveH
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Plus it smells like coconut goodness
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Plus it smells like coconut goodness

I actually drove the car RIGHT after cleaning the leather and got a pretty strong headache from the fumes haha... well I'm pretty sure it was from the fumes since I never get headaches.

But the car smells nice today.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
Royal Flush
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Did you let it sit after you sprayed it on, or just went straight to agitating it?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #6
SteveH
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
I actually drove the car RIGHT after cleaning the leather and got a pretty strong headache from the fumes haha... well I'm pretty sure it was from the fumes since I never get headaches.

But the car smells nice today.
Ahh, gotta let the stuff flash a bit....I applied the product and let it sit on the leather for a good hour before buffing off....No fumes.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #7
0311_grunt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Does this product give the "new leather" smell?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #8
Royal Flush
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Ahh, gotta let the stuff flash a bit....I applied the product and let it sit on the leather for a good hour before buffing off....No fumes.
Did you spray, and then let it sit for an hour? Or did you spray, agitate, and then let it sit for an hour?
Appreciate 0