E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PROcede removal instructions

04-28-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
e92law
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e70

PROcede removal instructions

NO! I’m not even thinking about it right now, but there may be a time when it needs to come out. At least when the car is sold.

So, my question is, how difficult is the removal? Specifically, when you remove one wire at a time from the BMW harness there is no confusion as to where it should be connected on the PROcede. Removal would seem to cause some confusion. I mean. In one step you remove wire 6, yellow with a white stripe, and install it in the yellow PROcede harness. Then you remove wire 7 from the same harness, also yellow with a white stripe, right next to wire 6, and install it in the yellow PROcede harness. Now reversing that step seems problematic. How do you know which is wire 6 and which is 7?

Trial and error is not going to work for me. There must be another way. And too late to label during install. (Just thought of that)
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 12:04 PM   #2
PresaMat
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 67 GT500,69 Boss 429, 335i

Garage List
e92,
Its really easy... any where the procede is hooked up just replace the wire that is there. I would watch the install video once if you havent. Once you look it will be easier.

mat
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
Dustin Bramell
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, 125cc Trackmagic

There are also numbers stamped on the factory wires.

http://www.vishnutuningforum.com/for...35&postcount=5
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 12:23 PM   #4
mayno
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i / 2018 BMW 430i Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92law View Post
NO! I’m not even thinking about it right now, but there may be a time when it needs to come out. At least when the car is sold.

So, my question is, how difficult is the removal? Specifically, when you remove one wire at a time from the BMW harness there is no confusion as to where it should be connected on the PROcede. Removal would seem to cause some confusion. I mean. In one step you remove wire 6, yellow with a white stripe, and install it in the yellow PROcede harness. Then you remove wire 7 from the same harness, also yellow with a white stripe, right next to wire 6, and install it in the yellow PROcede harness. Now reversing that step seems problematic. How do you know which is wire 6 and which is 7?

Trial and error is not going to work for me. There must be another way. And too late to label during install. (Just thought of that)
do you have the procede and did you install it yourself? if you did, you should have no problem removing it...you can't go wrong if you do it one wire at a time.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 01:46 PM   #5
imsambeen
Black-Ops: Splinter Cell
United_States
Rep
Drives: The first Vishnu 335

simple

I have already un-installed and its easy. Of course if you get some metallic markers and mark the wires and placements - it makes it a no brainer .

good luck
      04-28-2007, 07:52 PM   #6
jusbechillin
/|/|uffin/|/|an
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Gray BMW 335I coupe

every time I remove it I can't get the vacuum lines off the coupler.... I've split one or both of the ends the 2 times I've removed it. Am I the only one with this problem? Is there a coupler with smaller ends that would work?

I mean when PROcede isn't in the vacuum lines connect to a smooth round metal connector. There is no lip (like on the coupler) for the line to get caught on.
What alternatives do we have? One more time for me and I have to replace the small line (it is only like 3 inches to begin with...)
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 01:06 AM   #7
e92law
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Vishnu View Post
There are also numbers stamped on the factory wires.

http://www.vishnutuningforum.com/for...35&postcount=5
Thanks Dustin. That will really help. I can relax about it now.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 01:08 AM   #8
e92law
First Lieutenant
Rep

BTW. PROcede kicks my ass...and any passenger(s). haha My girlfriend's father loved it tonight. Reminded him of a French race car he drove in the 70's. Couple gears and he said, "ahhh, I miss that."
Appreciate 0