E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New member checking in and some Q's

04-27-2007, 11:14 AM   #1
BIGGY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i coupe

New member checking in and some Q's

Hi everyone. I currently drive an ’04 350z, and I just came on here to tell you guys just how much better it is than the 335 which is a horrible car Ok, I’m not a troll, just kidding around hehe. I’ve had my eye on the 335 for quite a while now and have been waiting for the ’08 model to release. I’m a big fan of waiting out the first year models so that a nice chunk of the kinks are worked out. I know that there were some updates in March and things like oil coolers are included on all of the cars, but I’m still thinking it might simply be best to wait. For the first time today I heard that BMW might bump the HP up a bit in the next years model. I’m sure that’s been discussed here. Does anyone have a link to a thread that talks about that rumor?

I’m looking at getting the coupe, which more or less flies out the door, so looks like I’ll be ordering mine ahead of time. If I go for an ’08 build, I imagine I can pretty much order it at any point and simply say that I want an ’08? Has anyone else done it this way? If they start building in September, when would the new info be released on them…my guess would be late July or early August?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2007, 11:22 AM   #2
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Yup, I would wait too. Look at all the horrible stories on fuel pump issues. I think bmw need to stop making new car and start looking into a permanent fuel pump fix before they ruin their reputation or images. I am pretty sure bmw bought the fuel pump from a vendor. In any case, it needs to be resolved asap.

BTW, welcome to e90post.
      04-27-2007, 11:27 AM   #3
DrDomer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci ZHP, 1999 Miata

My car is a November build. No problems. I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Procede and all. According to recent stats... 3% of cars have had the fuel pump issue so far. I can understand waiting for a HP upgrade, but don't wait because you're worried about reliability. Although... if you're buying the car, and are going to order the coupe, I would get it at the beginning of the production cycle of '08. Better resale. I got mine obviously at the beginning of the '07 cycle. I leased... since it was a first year model. FWIW
      04-27-2007, 11:31 AM   #4
mesier1111
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium

I had a fuel pump failure (still waiting for my baby to get back). That being said, even with the fuel pump failure I love this car. Had someone told me before I bought it this was gonna happen, I still would have given them my money.

As far as waiting, I would, but I have talked to many a person who said any HP or torque bump on 2008, will be available to the 2007 owners as well as an performance mod, so if you can't wait, don't worry about it.

WELCOME TO E90POST:rocks: .........Have some fun and spread your wisdom
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2007, 11:35 AM   #5
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

considering that the fuel pump is very important item to have to be able to enjoy the car, I hate to be one who get stuck with a bad fuel pump. 3% is not alot but also consider they make alot of 3 series so 3% of a huge number is alot. If this will be your only car, then having a reliable car (no fuel pump issues) would be my #1 criteria. I hate to be without a car.