BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-25-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
8krline
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i metallic black

Angry need to vent...

so i was making a right turn at an intersection today, pedestrians crossing and i was stopped waiting for a gap to turn, i inched forward a little and stopped again

THEN BAM the idiot behind me driving a suv crashes into my left rear bumper, thinking there was enough space for him to pass and leaving a soccer size dent right under my tail lights..

i filed an insurance claim and today the lady called me and said the other driver had a different story, said i was coming out of a parking lot at the intersection and did not look so he didn't stop in time, WTF seriously that is a load of crap!!!

they are looking into who is right/wrong now...damnit he tricked me into moving my car after the crash because 'we are holding up traffic'

lesson to be learned: find witness, take instant phone cam pics so no shit like this can be made up :mad:
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 07:51 PM   #2
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
In the 1 accident ive been in, the kid tried to convince me to leave and give him an estimate, but thats when I was still in shock so I called the parents and they told me to stay put and call the police, so i did so. That was by far the smartest thing I could've done. The dad and kid were very rude and tried denying responsibillity even to the cop. Luckily there were wittnesses and the school didnt like him to much so everyone had my back, but either way he was at fault. The dumbass tried to tell the cop he was trying to make a left turn out of his lane in the parking lot and the cop was like, uhh thats an illegal turn buddy, you cant go left, only right. =D
      04-25-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
E90330iS
Major General
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
That sucks man, yeah I was forced to move to the side once and completely ruined the scene but the other person didn't lie so I was lucky.
      04-25-2007, 08:01 PM   #4
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

In Georgia the law requires you to move out of the way of traffic if the car is drivable and no one is injured.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 08:21 PM   #5
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
In Georgia the law requires you to move out of the way of traffic if the car is drivable and no one is injured.
That is absolutely correct, wish more people knew this.
Appreciate 0