E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Proper calculations for a total price

04-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
Rewted
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Proper calculations for a total price

When negotiating with the dealer doing my calculations, should I be taking x% off just the MSRP or MSRP + PDI + Admin fee + other fees?

Also, if I were to do a trade in, do I take the % off MSRP first, then - the trade in value?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 02:43 PM   #2
Potty_Pants
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec

for me...

I went to kellybluebook and located bluebook pricing for the condition of my car... approached the dealer and said I wanted blue book... they granted this request.

2nd I asked if they could do 500-1000 over invoice they stated they could and did.

everybody works numbers differently, I prefer to work from invoice and go from there. that being said there are alot of fees that can be tacked on this method... some people prefer to work from msrp down.

bottom line is do your homework read the websites for negotiations and have invoice and bluebook avail for your deal.

gl

ppp
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 03:02 PM   #3
Rewted
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants View Post
for me...

I went to kellybluebook and located bluebook pricing for the condition of my car... approached the dealer and said I wanted blue book... they granted this request.

2nd I asked if they could do 500-1000 over invoice they stated they could and did.

everybody works numbers differently, I prefer to work from invoice and go from there. that being said there are alot of fees that can be tacked on this method... some people prefer to work from msrp down.

bottom line is do your homework read the websites for negotiations and have invoice and bluebook avail for your deal.

gl

ppp
I've searched arounf for the invoice pricing on a 335i coupe in Canada, all I come up with is US pricing, do you know of any sites that list Canadian invoice ricing?
Appreciate 0