BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
BMWUltimateDriv3r
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 328xi

I'm about to apply to a rental car company to work for.

Hertz, Avis and Enterprise. I'm a recent college grad without much work experience, do you have any advice?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
What kind of position are you applying for? I met a guy from Enterprise upper management on a flight once while I was still in school. He was a really nice guy and offered me a job if I didn't find something once I graduated, so I tend to think pretty positive about Enterprise.

If you're just going to be a desk clerk, then it's going to be mostly the same thing at any of them, so applying to multiple companies gives you a higher shot of getting hired. If it's a corporate type job I'd still recommend applying to all of them. When you go on interviews try to get a feel for that office's culture. You'll be working with these people for 8+ hours a day, so you having co-workers you like could be the difference between being miserable and liking your job.
      09-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
M3Monster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I worked at enterprise when I was younger (17) picking and dropping people off at the dealerships/ collision centers. This was before you need a BA to do that.

It seemed like all the guys behind the desks got burned out a lot and were always tired, I remember seeing there paychecks and it was decent 3-4k a month or so.

If you work there and put in a good effort you move up very quickly.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 11:28 PM   #4
BMWUltimateDriv3r
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 328xi

What kind of position are you applying for?

Manager trainee >_>

Which is a fancy term for salesman.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 12:22 AM   #5
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

my wife worked for enterprise straight out of college, she hated it. They will make you all kinds of promises, and tell you that you will have your own branch etc, which is somewhat true, you will be responsible for the cars.

They have lots of mandatory after-hours activities, and very long work hours, if you workout your hourly pay it's shit. They grind up new grads and spit them out only the true coolaid drinkers stick around.

My neighbor is retired and shuttles cars for enterprise and also has nothing good to say about them.

My wife and her coworkers called it enter-lies for good reason. it's culty they even will sell your parents on how great of a company it is (I don't know how they got to her dad).

....but in this job market it is a good place to ge some experience for your resume, and meet people your age, they tend to hire pretty good looking girls...
Appreciate 0