E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > sometimes stronger than other times?

04-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #1
esbezee92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego 328i Coupe

sometimes stronger than other times?

Hey guys, i have a e92 328i and i swear sometimes it feels significantly faster than other times. i would say its the conditions but under near perfect conditions the car can behave so differently. tonight on the way home was the strongest ive felt it yet. in M1 with everything off i was able to get a little squeek from the tires as if there able to spin a little bit from take off which im usually not close to. acceleration felt faster in all ranges and i just feel like its unexplainable. again id like to make it clear that conditions can be exactly the same and one night itll be normal the next amazing and the night after that back to normal.

does anyone else experience this or know why it happens
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2007, 11:53 PM   #2
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

I know you said conditions can be the same, but its probably because of the cool air. I live in cali too and some nights im freezing my a$$ off and others im wearing a white t and shorts.

cold air = dense air = smoother and "more power"
      04-25-2007, 12:18 AM   #3
esbezee92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

i know that it would perform better with colder air but by identical conditions i meant that temperature is similar (+-5ish degrees) and humidity is similar or unnoticibly different
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 12:38 AM   #4
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Altitude? Pot Intake?

No I know what you are saying, but if you chase it down the reasons for this, IF not Temp/Humidity, are probably your attitude and how long it's been since you've driven it last. Maybe?
      04-25-2007, 12:55 AM   #5
esbezee92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

i would normally think this but when i got the tires a little loose it really opened my eyes, thats the only reason why im posting because normally i dont even feel close to getting them to spin but they did today and it was on a good road that i frequent
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 10:24 AM   #6
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

I've noticed this too. I'll list the conditions you need for it to feel like you've got the devil bottled up in the car.
1) Car must be warm (210-240 is the range I usually see mine in)
2) You've got the be driving hard. Big pedal presses, agressive steering inputs. This is the most important since a good amount of that "fast" feeling is phycological.
3) It's got to be warm outside, tires aren't sticky enough when it's cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 02:36 PM   #7
E90330iS
Major General
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
I've noticed this too. I'll list the conditions you need for it to feel like you've got the devil bottled up in the car.
1) Car must be warm (210-240 is the range I usually see mine in)
2) You've got the be driving hard. Big pedal presses, agressive steering inputs. This is the most important since a good amount of that "fast" feeling is phycological.
3) It's got to be warm outside, tires aren't sticky enough when it's cold.
Yup!