04-24-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
Haris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 BMW M4

Garage List
Speeding ticket confusion

So I got a speeding ticket (79 in 55) in NJ on my NY license 2 weeks before I turned in my NY license for NJ license (I just moved to NJ from NY). A little confusing i know.

NY state doesn't record out of state moving violations except for serious ones like DWI etc. Normally I would just pay the fine and wouldn't worry about the points since NY doesn't care. However, I'm scared now that if NJ does link my NY license to new NJ license -- I can get 4 points on it! Or does it go by the date of the violation? Or is it going to fwd to NY and NY will ignore? or .....

I'm really confused that should i take the risk and just pay $115 fine and hope that points wo'nt follow me to my NJ license.. or be safe go to the court and pay roughly $450 (plea bargin) and don't get any points for sure... I know this isn't the right place to ask for legal advice.. but just wanted to share my pain...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

I got a ticket in NJ...those cops are freaken retards. Anyways, you can call up NJ's DMV and they have something called Drivers Training or something. You can then get your ticket off your records...which doesn't bring up your insurance points.

Just call them up, see what they say. You'll still have to pay the ticket though.