08-22-2011, 12:13 AM   #1
fluidkaos
I wanna go fast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a madman.

Garage List
2010 E92 335i  [9.31]
Any divers here? I could use some suggestions.

I know this is not a scuba forum, but I'm a 'vacation diver' not an avid diver, and as such, don't belong to any scuba forums. I'm looking into getting a new watch style dive computer. Anyone got any suggestions for, or experience with any models/brands. I'm looking for one that has a wireless tank pressure sensor at least. Any and all suggestions and comments are welcome.

Last edited by fluidkaos; 08-22-2011 at 12:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 02:22 AM   #2
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

i just picked up an oceanic VT4.0 system. great wireless system for caves. probably the best feature set among current wireless dive computers. i dive nitrox with it and it works wonderfully. i believe it was $1100 OTD.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 02:34 AM   #3
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidkaos View Post
I know this is not a scuba forum, but I'm a 'vacation diver' not an avid diver, and as such, don't belong to any scuba forums. I'm looking into getting a new watch style dive computer. Anyone got any suggestions for, or experience with any models/brands. I'm looking for one that has a wireless tank pressure sensor at least. Any and all suggestions and comments are welcome.
Since you are a 'vacation diver', I wouldn't spend that much on a wireless one. I have a Mares Mission puck 3 which I bought for a good price with the BCD and regulators from Leisurepro.com. They have the best prices I've seen, and my experience with Mares has been really good with no problems. I haven't been in the SCUBA scene for a while so I am not sure if there are new 'must haves'. Oh, and joing www.scubaboard.com, you will get all the info you need there. Goodluck!
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 02:42 AM   #4
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood07 View Post
Since you are a 'vacation diver', I wouldn't spend that much on a wireless one. I have a Mares Mission puck 3 which I bought for a good price with the BCD and regulators from Leisurepro.com. They have the best prices I've seen, and my experience with Mares has been really good with no problems. I haven't been in the SCUBA scene for a while so I am not sure if there are new 'must haves'. Oh, and joing www.scubaboard.com, you will get all the info you need there. Goodluck!
that's a yoke-mounted dive computer, though. OP asked about 'watch' style computer, which automatically implies wireless.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 02:53 AM   #5
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
that's a yoke-mounted dive computer, though. OP asked about 'watch' style computer, which automatically implies wireless.
yep, just thought I'd give him my opinion on what I have and that a good watch style might be a bit expensive if he won't dive a lot.
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 02:54 AM   #6
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
yep, just thought I'd give him my opinion on what I have and that a good watch style might be a bit expensive if he won't dive a lot.
true. i don't dive as much as i should, but i still love teh gadgets
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X6MC, 2022 M5C

Hello from Cancun where I am on vacation diving. I have a Galileo Luna and there is nothing else that I would recommend. It's hands down the best, easiest to use, most flexible and easiest to read wireless wrist dive computer there is. You will love having one less hose on your rig.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #8
fluidkaos
I wanna go fast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a madman.

Garage List
2010 E92 335i  [9.31]
Quote:
Since you are a 'vacation diver', I wouldn't spend that much on a wireless one. Goodluck!
I'm only a 'vacation diver' at this point because my work schedule doesn't include any weekends off, so most every vacation I get, I'm out diving. I do plan on being a more avid diver in the future though. I'd rather get the good stuff right off, rather than pay for a mid level system now, and top system later. Cut out the mid level cost, and go straight to the top. Something I've learned the hard way with my photo gear.

Thanks for the link, I'll look into it for as much info as I can get.
      08-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #9
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
It's probably time for me to get the license.

I watched some PADI videos and have about 50 local dives with a friend of mine.
He is certified, so we would go to two different shops to rent tanks, because its usually 1 tank per certificate.

Really wanted to dive in Hawaii last year, but without a certification they could only let me do "snuba diving" where your tank floats on the surface and you are tethered to it and can't go deeper than 15-20 feet. Bleh.